Guru Gobind Singh marg
Guru Gobind Singh marg is the journey by the tenth Sikh master from Anandpur Sahib to Talwandi Sabo a distance of about 588 kilometres. Every place on this journey is sacred and has sanctity and is marked by the holy presence of this great personality. The tenth Sikh Guru changed the history of this region, transformed the life of people, made them unique in appearance and deeds, wading majestically through this route, he instilled energy into the people. Thus this route is well marked in the history and deep down in the conscious minds of the Sikh community.
The journey started at Anandpur Sahib
Anandpur Sahib, literally the revered city of bliss or joy, is one of the many towns founded by Sikh Gurus. Situated on the left bank of the Satluj river, it lies along the Sirhind - Ropar - Nangal rail and road link. When Guru Tegh Bahadur founded it on a piece of land he bought from the widow of the ruler of Kahlur (later Bilaspur) State, in 1665, he named it Chakk Nanaki after the name of his mother. When Guru Gobind Singh returned here after a three years stay at Paonta Sahib from 1685 to 1688, he renamed it Anandpur and fortified it by constructing around it a ring of forts. It was in the central fort Kesgarh here that he in 1699 reorganised the community by raising form among themselves a puritanical body of saint-soldiers, which he named the Khalsa. Many shrines had been established meanwhile in and around the town.
Takhat Keshgarh Sahib is one of five takhat of the Sikhs. This takhat is the main and the biggest Gurdwara in Anandpur Sahib. It was here that the khalsa was born at Baisakhi time 1699, when the first Five Sikhs to be given the name Singh, namely the Panj Pyara's came forward with dedication and the Khalsa Panth was initiated, with the inception of Khalsa caste distinction evaporated and Singh's emerged. The Guru himself was the first to recieve Pahul from the first five pyaras. Seeing this kindled the minds of the people to take the Guru's gift of Amrit and become Khalsa Saint-Soldiers, as well. Many weapons of Guru Gobind Singh ji are kept here as a treasure.
Gurdwara Mata Jito: Gurdwara Mata Jito Ji is dedicated to Mata Jito Ji, wife of Guru Gobind Singh and mother of Sahibzadas Jujhar Singh, Zorawar Singh and Fateh Singh. She died in December 1700 and was cremated at this place just outside Agampur village two killometres northwest of Anandpur Sahib.
Gurdwara Nirmohgarh: Nirmohgarh is the name given by chroniclers to a hilly tract south of Kiratpur Sahib where a battle took place between Guru Gobind Singh and hill chiefs who were supported by a strong contingent of Mughal troops equipped with cannons. The battle was fought in two phases. On 7th October 1700, the hill chiefs attacked the Guru's positions but the attack was repulsed. Then they requisitioned imperial troops from Sirhind and on their arrival they encircled the Sikhs and launched another attack on the 12th of the same month in which they, at least once, directed cannon fire at the Guru himself. Guru Gobind Singh escaped unhurt but his attendant, Bhai Ram Singh was killed. The Guru returned the fire with an arrow-shot which made short work of the cannoneer. On the 13th, the Guru and his warriors broke the encirclement and crossed the Sutlej to reach Basali, a friendly principality.
Gurdwara Parivar Vichhora, Patsahi Dasvin standing on the right bank of Sarsa river, a tributary of the Sutlej, 12 kilometres north of Ropar commemorates the fateful battle and desperate river crossing on the night of 5th-6th Decmber 1705. It was a cold December night and it had started raining when the column headed by Guru Gobind Singh arrived here only to find the torrential current in full fury. The Sarsa is a hilly stream where floods occur suddenly and also abate equally fast, but under the conditions there was no time to wait for the flood to subside. The enemy had again caught up with them. The Guru ordered the Sikhs to plunge into the river and swim across while some of them were to engage the enemy. Not many could get to the opposite bank and those who did were stranded in the darkness. For the holy family it was a parivar vichhora (lit. separation of the family) indeed. Of its eight members, only three survived the subsequent events to be reunited at Damdama Sahib, Talwandi Sabo.
Gurdwara Ghanaula: Ghanaula is an old village 10 kilometres north of Ropar along the Ropar-Nalagarh road. Guru Gobind Singh is believed to have halted here during his travels to and from Nahan/Paonta Sahib and Kurukshetra.
Fide: Guru Ji came here from Ghanaula, Historical Gurudwara Lohgarh is situated here.
Lodhi Majra: This place is at 2 kilometres from the Sutlej. This place is constructed in the memory of Guru ji.
Gurdwara Bhatta Sahib: As He approached Ropar, Guru ji's advance was blocked by a group of Pathans. Both the sides indulged in swordplay resulting in many losing their lives. Managing to repulse the Pahans they advanced towards Ropar then they reached the village of Kotla Nihang Khan with the Mughal army at their heels. Guru ji rode straight towards a brick kiln where he asked the workers, firing the kiln, about a safe place. The innocent labourers jokingly directed them towards the fire driven brick kiln with only the bricks of its top standing just above the mounds of dirt insulating its sides.
According to Sikh history, as soon as the horse of the Guru put its hooves on the kiln, the hot kiln got cold. In awe of the sight the owner of the Kiln asked to become a Sikh and received Pahul from the Guru. The "new Sikhs" now known in history as Nihang Khan risked his live hiding one of the Guru's wounded Sikhs. A grateful Guru Gobind Singh gifted the brave man with some of his personal items. Today you can visit the Gurdwara Bhattha Sahib and have a look the sword and shield of Guru ji. Gurdwara Bhattha Sahib ji is 40 kilometres away from Anandpur Sahib.
Bahman Majra: From Kotla Nihang Khan, Guru ji reached Bahman Majra via Lakhmipur. He rested here for some time, at the Gurudwara Manji Sahib here. This place is situated in 25 kilometres away east of Chandigarh-Ropar road.
Bur Majra: This place is 55 kilometres away form Anandpur Sahib. Guru ji stopped for a needed rest here, as well, until he learned that the Mughal army was once again hot on his trail.
After a long siege, Guru Gobind Singh agreed to evacuate Anandpur Sahib on a second assurance on the oath of safe conduct by the enemy this time proferred on behalf of the Emperor Aurangzeb.
(The first such offer was shown to be wortless as the Guru, knowing his enemies, had sent refuse and worthless trash out of Anandpur, thinking the wagons held the Guru's treasure the trash was fallen upon immediately.) The offers of safe passage were given to the Guru written into some blank pages in the Muslim's Holy Qur'an. The Hindu Rajas had taken there oaths by swearing on the Cow. The Guru, in his Zafarnama sent an invitation to Aurangzeb to meet with him, in which he guaranteed the Emperor's safety, offering to show him the Qur'ans with their 'sacred' Oaths to Aurangzeb.
The Guru along with the members of his household and all his Sikh warriors vacated the forts and took the southern trail to the plains of Punjab. But the enemy again prooved their oaths on the Qur'an to be wortless for, as soon as they had occupied Anandpur and its forts, they set out in pursuit of the Guru. The evacuees had hardly covered 14 kilometres when they found the enemy right upon their heels. Guru Gobind Singh hastily reorganised the column and deputed Bhai Ude Singh with 50 men to act as a rear guard and engage the enemy as the main body of Sikhs continued towards the Punjab. Their relaxed pace now turned into a hurried flight.
Ude Singh and his men took position on a crest astride the trail known to chroniclers as Shahi Tibbi. Here they put up a desperate fight against an enemy force far superior in numbers. After taking a heavy toll they fell to the last man gaving the main column enough time to be at a safer distance form the persuers until a formidable obstacle, the Sarsa river in spate, held them 11 kilometres further south.
Chamkaur Sahib in Ropar district is connected by road to Ropar and to the Ludhiana-Chandigarh highway at Samrala and Morinda. Two battles took place at Chamkaur between Guru Gobind Singh and Mughal troops. One in the beginning of 1703 while the Guru Ji was on his way back form Kurukshetra after the solar eclipse fair, and the other, much more bloody and tragic, on 7th December 1705 after the evacuation of Anandpur Sahib.
Guru Gobind Singh, with a handful of his warriors, stood up to the Mughal enemy, that comprised (according to his Zafarnama) one million. During the night, he posted his men as sentries who took whatever rest they could afford in turn while the imperial force, equally tired by their hot chase, laid a siege to the town. The battle raged throughout the following day, 7th December 1705. When their supply of arrows and powder was exhausted, the Sikhs including the Sahibzadas (the Guru's sons) made sallies in four or five at a time to kill and be killed. By nightfall when the fighting stopped, only the Guru Ji and five of his Sikhs remained alive in the garhi. The five then assuming the role of Panj Piare as representatives of the panth persuaded the Guru to leave the Garhi and continue his struggle against tyranny. Guru Gobind Singh then exchanged dress including his plumed turban with one of the Sikhs, Bhai Sangat Singh who bore a strong resemblance to the Guru, and then he and three others, Bhai Daya Singh, Dharma Singh and Man Singh slipped through the enemy who lay clustered around their bonfires in the cold December night. Next day, when they resumed their attack and killed Bhai Sangat Singh in the Guru's attire, they felt happy over the kill until they recognized him to be someone other than the Guru.
Gurdwara Tari Sahib, situated on a low mound two furlongs west of Gurdwara Qatalgarh Sahib has been recently raised by Nihang Singhs. It is said that when Guru Gobind Singh and his three Sikhs came out of the Garhi on the night of December 7-8, 1705, they scattered in different directions to escape enemy's notice. The Guru, however, would not slip away quietly like a coward. Therefore, on reaching the top of this mound he gave a loud clap (tari) and shouted "Here goes the Pir of Hind (lit. Saint of India) !"
Gurdwara Qatalgarh Sahib (Shahid Ganj), about 50 metres to the west of Garhi Sahib, is on the site where most of the hand-to-hand fights took place and where Sahibzada Ajit Singh and Sahibzada Jujhar Singh earned martyrdom.
Gurdwara Damdama Sahib marks the site of a garden where Guru Gobind Singh accompanied by his two elder sons and 40 Sikhs first alighted on the evening of 6th December 1705. Conscious of the vulnerability of the place with the enemy in pursuit, he shifted to a walled house which he fortified into a defensive position.
Gurdwara Shahid Burj Bhai Jivan Singh is at the gate of the old Garhi, part of which still survives. It is named after Bhai Jivan Singh, originally Bhai Jaita, who had returned Guru Tegh Bahadur's head and stayed on at Anandpur. He was martyred here while guarding the gate of the Garhi Sahib during the Battle of Chamkaur on 7th December,1705.
Jand Sahib (Bir Guru): After his escape from Chamkaur Sahib during the night of December 7-8, 1705, Guru Gobind Singh at first went in a north-westerly direction through the forest. His first halt was near a jand tree, five kilometres away, where he relaxed his weary limbs before turning towards Machhiwara.
Jhar Sahib: This place is in the south of Jand Sahib. Guru ji reached here the next day the whole province was then a Muslim Jagir. It was very risky for the Guru to pass through the villages of this area during the day. It is said that the master satisfied his hunger by eating the wild berries of the shrubs along the way and during day he used the same thicket of shrubs for respite. Here you will now find a beautiful Gurdwara Jhar Sahib.
This place is located at 95 km from Anandpur Sahib and 31 km from Chamkaur Sahib.
Gurudwara Charan Kamal: This was a beautiful and rich park outside the village. Here the 10th Master drank some water from the well. Here Guru ji slept on a barrel and using his arm as a pillow.
Chubara Sahib: Guru Gobind Singh Ji and other Singhs were brought to chubara of Bhai Gulab. This home, came to be known as chubara of Gulabe. There they were given food and shelter. In the adjoining room, there is another room which has a mutt (an earthen vessel). It is believed that the mutt is where the Guru's clothes were dyed blue so he would be able to pass as the 'Uch Da Pir'.
Kirpan Bhent: Guru ji was moving of out Macchiwara in the guise of 'Uch Da Pir' with Ghani and Nabi Khan, two Pathan brothers who had come to his aid and his Sikh companions. They were halted by the Mughal forces stationed outside Macchiwara. Their commander Dilawar Khan wanted to check the identity of the 'Uch Da pir'. As a test--thinking Sikhs would not share a meal with Muslims, they were given some food to eat which they ate only after offering it to the 'Holy Kirpan' while reciting 'Tav Parsad Abarm Ka Nar'.
Ghulal: Ghulal or Kuhlal is eight kilometers west of Samrala and lies close to Ludhiana-Chandigarh highway. According to local tradition, it is believed that after his escape incognito from Machhiwara, Guru Gobind Singh and his palanquin-bearers stopped near Ghulal a while before Proceeding on to Lall Kalan.
Two kilometers ahead of Ghulal (near Lall Kalan), the party was confronted and closely interrogated, by a government mobile patrol in a desparate search for the Guru. Luckily Sayyad Pir Muhammad of Nurpur happened to be there. He assured the patrol leader that the Holy man in the palanquin was indeed the revered Pir of Uch. Still having doubts, the officer invited the 'Pir' and his disciples to dinner knowing that if the Pir was in fact Guru Gobind Singh, he and his Sikhs would not dine with Muslims.
The 'Pir' however, asked to be excused as he was on a long fast. But, he instructed his attendants, Bhai Daya Singh and Man Singh to go and take food after making it a sacrifice to the sword. With his doubts put to rest the search party allowed the 'Pir' and his companions to resume their journey the following morning. The shrine later established at Lall Kalan was developed into Gurdwara Gurusar.
Katana: Guru Gobind Singh after his narrow escape at Lall Kalan, next stopped at this place. Gurdwara Katana Sahib or Deg Sar Sahib is right on the right bank Sirhind Canal over a km away from Katani village and is accessible along Guru Gobind Singh Marg which links up Grand Trunk Road and Ludhiana-Chandigarh roads.
Rampur: Rampur village, also called Rampur Katani because of its contiguity with the latter named village, is situated along Guru Gobind Singh Marg between Gurdwara Katana Sahib and Kanech Guru Gobind Singh relaxed here for some time under a reru tree half-a-kilometre west of the village while he was on his way from Macchiwara towards Alamgir during December 1705. The shrine later established here developed in time into Gurdwara Reru Sahib Patshahi Dasvin.
Kanech village, 20 kilometres southeast of Ludhiana, is 2.5 kilometres from the Sahnewal railway station and only one kilometer from where Guru Gobind Singh Marg meets the G.T.Road. Leaving the place now marked by Gurdwara Katana Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh came to Kanech. For the last three days he had been travelling in a palanquin borne by his devotees. He now desired to relieve them and to continue his travel on horse back. Still disguised as a Muslim divine, he asked Chaudhari phatta of Kanech to lend him a horse. Phatta offered the Guru only a weak mare. So the Guru asked him to spare his best horse. "But, my best horse has been taken away by my son-in-law," lied Phatta. The Guru dismissed him with a smile and resumed his journey in the palanquin. It is said that when Phatta returned to his house, he found his most valued horse lying dead of a snake-bite. The shrine established later in honour of the Guru is now called Gurdwara Manji Sahib Patsahi Dasvin.
Sanhewal: This is in district of Ludhiana which is situated at the distance of 116 kilometres from Anandpur. Gurdwara Damdama Sahib here marks the route from which Guru ji travelled. This Gurdwara is a mile away, in the east of Grand Trunk Road Gurdwara where the Guru stayed after the journey of 2.5 kilometers from Kanech.
Nandpur: This is a village at G.T.Road which is a kilometer away from Sahnewal. We have a historical Gurdwara Reru a Sahib at this place. It is said that at this place Guru ji said that the air here has a touch of Anandpur Sahib.
Tibba: Guru ji reached village Tibba as the next halting point. There is a Gurdwara at the out skirt of the village Gurdwara Soma Sahib situated at the Tibba of sand and it is only a few kilometers from Nandpur . It is said that water of spring came out of earth with the blessing of Guru ji.
Alamgir is an old village 13 km south of Ludhiana along the Ludhiana-Malerkotla highway. Guru Gobind Singh arrived here disguised as the Pir of Uch and carried in a palanquin by Bhai Daya Singh and Man Singh and the two Afghan brothers Ghani Khan and Nabi Khan. Here he discarded the palanquin and took a horse which a Sikh resident of Alamgir, Bhai Naudha, presented to him. A Manji Sahib was later established where the Guru ji had stayed. The shrine is still called Gurdwara Manji Sahib Patshahi Dasvin.
Jodh village, better known as Jodhan, is 16 km southwest of Ludhiana to which it is connected by metalled road. Guru Gobind Singh stayed here a while during his journey from Alamgir to Heraan in December 1705.
Mohi: Leaving Jodhan, Guru Gobind Singh next came to Mohi, 9 km to the west. Mohi is situated along Guru Gobind Singh Marg and also connected to Mullanpur-Raikot road further to its west . Guru stayed for some time to get a tight fitting ring removed from one of his fingers by a blacksmith.
Heraan is 13 kilometres away from Mohi, Guru ji along with Bhai Daya Singh, Bhai Dharam Singh and Bhai Maan Singh reached here. It was a place where Mahant Kirpal Dass of Udasi seat used to live. He was with Guru ji in the battle of Bhangani he gave all the respect to Guru and welcomed him, but when he came to know that royal forces were reaching for him, he showed the white feather.It is also said that Gani Khan and Nabi khan came with Guru ji and from here they departed with Hukumnama. There is a Gurdwara at the east of village. Guru Har Gobind Singh ji also stayed here. The cot of Guru ji and the stove on which food for Guru ji was cooked are treasured here.This place is about 169 kilometres from Anandpur Sahib and 55 kilometres from Alamgir.
Rupana: Back at Muktsar, Guru Gobind Singh decided to travel south in search of a place suitable for setting down in order to reorganize Khalsa. His first camp was at Rupana, seven km from Muktsar along the Muktsar-Malout road.
Manuka: Guru ji reached Manuka village after covering the distance of 4 km in the east of lamba Jattpura. Gurudwara in the name of Guru Gobind Singh is in the east of the village. It is Said that Guru ji rested here for a while.
Metiana: Guru ji while coming from Manuka, stayed at Metiana for a short respite. This place is at 4.6 km in the west south of Manuke. There is no village around.
Chakkar: This place is at the distance of 5 km in east of Metiana. This village has a Gurudwara in the east of Metiana. This village has a Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and Sri Guru Gobind Singh i.e. Gurudwara Gurusar. It said that Guru ji stayed here for the night
Takhtupura village is 32 kilometers southeast of Moga as the crow flies. It is approached by road either along Guru Gobind Singh Marg or from Moga via Bagha Purana and Nihal Singhwala or via Lohara on Moga-Barnala road. Takhtupura was sanctified by the visits of the first, sixth and the tenth Gurus. Separate shrines dedicated to each Guru are located around a sarovar called Nanak Sar, east of village. The entire complex is also called Nanak Sar.
Madhey: Guru Gobind Singh on his way from Takhtupura to Dina halted here for some time. One of his fingers had gone septic (pakk gai in punjabi) which he got bandaged here, when the commemorative shrine was established here it came to be called Pakka Sahib.
Jand Sahib: This Gurdwara is at about 3 km from Kangar. Guru ji rested here under a tree. Earlier this place was a part of Jalal village.
Manna Da Burj: This is a village of Dayalpur which is now known as Rajgarh. There is a Gurdwara of Guru Gobind Singh ji in the village. Guru ji to came here on the walk and village served him as per there might. Manna Da Burj is at about 4 km from the turu of the road,which is going towards Bajakhana.
Bhadaur: This place is populated by Phoolwanshi Baba Ala Singh. Guru ji came here for hunting and killed a female snake. Gurdwara is in the periphery of the village.
Patto Hira Singh: Its said that Guru Nanak Dev ji came here. Then Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji travelled to this place. Guru gobind Singh ji also rested here for some time. This place is at 13 km in the north of Dina.
Jalal: It is said that villagers of this place attacked Sikhs. In this attack two Sikhs were killed and villagers took away five horses as well. Next day Sikhs attacked Jalal village and won the fight. Now 'Panch' (five villagers) came for forgiveness. These villagers constructed 'Gurusar'in the memory of Guru Gobind Singh. Guru ji came here for Dina.
Next stop was Bhagta, which was populated of Bhai Behta. When Guru ji came here, five sons of Bhai Bhagta (Gurdas,Tara, Bhara, Mohra, Bakhta) served the Master with dedication. Sixth Guru, Guru Hargobind Sahib ji also came here. This place is at about 268km from Anandpur Sahib and 22km from Bhadaur.
Gandu Ka Theh: There was an old ruin on the lift side of the road which goes to Bajakhana from Bhagta. Now a Gurdwara Gandu Sahib is adjoining there.
It is said that Guru Gobind Singh ji came here from Gandu Sahib. Here there are now two Gurdwaras, one is on the outskirts of Dode which has now become part of Lambhwali village. Dode is 280 km from Anandhpur Sahib.
Lambwali: The Gurdwara is 400m east of the villagewhere there are three Manjis Sahibs dedicated to the first, sixth And tenth Guru's. Lambwali is also called Akalgarh. It is said that Guru Gobind Singh ji came here twice. Once from Jaito and second from Dode.
Maluka: This Gurdwara is at half km in the north of this village. This historical Gurdwara is known as Tarunna Sahib. One Sadhu came for meeting with Guru Gobind Singh ji and attained salvation.
Kotha Guru: There are two Gurdwara in the name of sixth and tenth Guru, Guru Gobind Singh ji came here from Maluka and rested here for a while. This place is only 5 km from away from Maluka.
Vandar: Vandar village has a Gurdwara in memory of Guru Gobind Singh ji. This village is 4 km of north of Dode is also linked by Bajakhana -Kotkapura road. Some people say that Guru ji came here from Bhagta and some say that Guru ji came from Dode.
Bargari: Guru ji's next stop from Vandar was village Bargari. Guru ji came here twice. Gurdwara in the name of Guru Gobind Singh is situated in the east.
Vehbal Kalan: Gurdwara in the name of Guru Gobind Singh ji is situated one km from the village. Tibbi Sahib Gurdwara is adorning this village. Guru ji, with his disciples stayed here. People took them to their houses for food in groups. There was a poor sikh, who had only small fruits of the 'wan' tree to offer his guests. He boiled them and offered them to Guru ji as food. It is also said that Rai Kolla of this place served him here.
The village now known as Gurusar was earlier called 'Dhab Jaravan'. There was fort in those days which was in the possession of Kapoora's younger brother Nand Lal. Nand Lal met Guru ji here and stayed with Guru ji for while. The Gurdwara constructed in the memory of Guru ji is Gurusar. Gurusar is about 2.4 km in the east of Bajakhana-Kotkapura road.
Saraawan: Guru ji stayed here for many days but there is no Gurdwara. Only Gurusar Gurdwara is around. This place earlier named as Siurasi. This place is at 3.5 km in the name of Kotkapura - Bajakhana road.
Kotkapura is a prominent town, 13 km southeast of Faridkot which was founded by Chaudhari Kapura (A Brar Chief) in 1661. When Guru ji came from Guru Ki Dhab or Gurusar, Kapura Received Guru ji respectfully. But he refused to help Guru ji in his struggle against the Mughals. Here there are two Gurdwaras in the memory of Guru Gobind Singh ji. One is inside the city itself and the other is on the Kotkapura - Jaito road. Kotkapura is 30 km from Anandpur Sahib and 55km from Dina Sahib.
Dhiwan Kalan: This village is located 3 km from Kotkapura Railway Station. A Gurudwara in the memory of Guru Gobind Singh ji is situated about 200m to the east of the village. Guru ji stayed in the house of Sodhi Kaul here. On Kaulji's request, Guru ji discarded his blue dress changing to white dress. This place's distance from Anandpur Sahib is 299 km.
Jaito - Gangsar: From Dhilwan Kalan, Guru Gobind Singh ji turned southwards and come to Jaito, 17 km from Kotkapura by rail or road. Gurdwara is situated here fort in the west of the town. He haled near the village pond where this Gurdwara Gurusar is situated. Jaito become famous during the Akali movement of the early 1920's when on agitation called 'Jaito Da Morcha' was launched during 1923 - 25.
Tibbi Sahib: It is in the east of Jaito. Guru ji sent some arrows during his stay here.
Rameana: People came to know about the martydom of four Sahibzadas at Chamkaur and Sirhind. They also found out about the whereabouts of Guru Gobind Singh ji. Sikhs again started uniting and came in flocks to Guru ji. Even the Sikhs who were separated from Guru ji at Sirsa near Rameana. Sikhs who disowned Guru ji at Anandpur Sahib also came for his pardon.
Mallan: Mallan village is 6 km west of Rameana .Guru Gobind singh alongwith his followers passed through this village. It is said when Guru ji was passing though this village one Chaughry Jugraj met them. Sikhs told him not to say any word about Guru ji to Mughal forces. He agreed but later it was found that he did in fact betray the Guru ji.Gurdwara in the memory of Guru Gobind Singh jiis called Araamsar.
Guri Sanghar: Guru ji while going towards 'Khidrane Di Dhab'from Mallan stayed here for while. Story of this place goes like this, that people of this place welcomed Guru ji and his disciple with Jaggery. Gurdwara here named 'Guru Sanghar'.
Kaoni: From Guri Sanghar Guru ji reached Kaoni, Gurdwara Tambu Sahib is Situated here It is said Guru ji stayed here overnight and started his journey again in the morning.
Dodha: This place is at some distance from Kaoni, on Mukatsar road . Here is a small Gurdwara constructed in the memory of Guru ji.
Gurdwara Tibbi Sahib is about 1 km south west of Sri Darbar Sahib. It marks the mounds where Guru Gobind Singh ji showered arrows on the enemy.
Bajipur: After creating the Mukta's Guru ji went to Bajipur via Nange De Sarai,Nothehe,Fatte Sammu and Rohi.
Rupana: From Muktsar Guru ji reached Rupana. Rupana is at about 8 km in south east of Muktsar on the road which goes towards Malaut. There you find Gurdwara Gurusar Rupana. Legend here is that there were three brothers -Khidrana and Dhrana on whose name those place exited. Masand from Bhoondar came to meet Guru ji here.
Bhoondar: From Rupana Guru ji went to Bhoondar. This village is in the east of Rupana and distance from Muktsar Sahib it is at 23 km away. It is said that Guru ji stayed here. Now there is a Gurdwara.
Guruasr: From Bhoondar Guru ji sojourned towards Gurusar. It is 6 km from Bhoondar via new road. Gurdwara Gurusar is situated here.
Thehri: Guru ji's next halt was at Thehri. This village is 1.5 km from Railway station of Fakkarsar. At 200m east from the village Gurdwara Jand Sahib is situated. Guru ji changed his clothes and armours on these trees. There is a Manji Sahib Gurdwara also.
From Thehri Guru ji reached Chhatiana. A Gurdwara in the memory of Guru Gobind Singh ji is constructed here. Its name is Guptsar. It is said that when Guru ji reached here, he was keeping many a salaried soldiers also. They could not be paid for some times. At this place, Bairar soldiers wanted to leave Guru Gobind Singh ji and demand there wages. Guru ji exhorted them to wait for sometime, but they showed anxiety. Only the leader of Bairar Dan Singh remained calm and composed. In the meantime a singh brought whole amount of his 'Daswandh' in gold coins. The Guru ji distributed those gold coins but Jathedar Dan Singh didn't take money. The remaining coins were buried there only. When Guru ji left that place, people tried to get those coins out, but could not find anything. That's why this place is called Guptsar.
Ablu: On special request of Bhai Dana Guru ji, started journey towards his village Mahima Sawi from Chhatiana. He stayed in Ablu in the way which was colonized by Dana in the memory of his Grandfather Ablu. This village is in the north east of village Chhatiana.
Mahima Sawai: This is the native village of Bhai Dana. Guru ji come here via Mahima Sarsa in the east of Ablu. Gurdwara Gurusar is situated here.
Lakhisar: This place is about 2 km in the east of Mahima Sawai. It's distance from Anandpur Sahib is 453 km. Guru ji stayed here, it is said that it was evening when he reached here .So he asked the people sit for Rehras. This place was a desolated place but Guru ji's presence made made it busiest place.
Swahib Chand Da Kot: From Lakhisar, Guru ji wandered through the near by village and then again gone back to Chhatiana. From here went to 4 km in the east at Kot Sahib Chand. There is pund near the houses,where Guru ji tied down his horse . There is Gurdwara in Guru ji's memory.
Kot Bhai: This village is at 5 km in south west of Kot Sahib Chand. It's distance from Anandpur Sahib is 424 km, it is 153 km away Damdama Sahib. This place is populated by Bhai Bhagati. Guru ji stayed for a while. There are two Gurdwara one is in the village and other one is in the south of the village.
This village has now acquire the status of town. Guru ji travelled to the south of Kot Bhai and rested here for a while. Here 4 is a Gurdwara Senior Sahib. This place is at 499 km from Anandour Sahib and 78 km Damdama Sahib.
Rohla Sahib: This place is 4 km from the south of Giddarbaha. This village is called Dane Ka Chak, Gurdwara Rohla Sahib is situated near a pund. Disciple of tilkara hermit, Rohla barber attain martydom here.
Jangirana: This village is south east of Rohla Sahib. This village is at the distance of 12 km from Giddarbaha. A Gurdwara is established here in the memory of Guru ji.
Bambiha: This village is at 4 km from in the west-south of Jangirana. A historical Gurdwara is constructed on the place where Guru ji stayed.
When Guru ji reached here he and his people were welcomed by the village with milk. Guru ji got pleased with with the village folks and brought the people into the fold of Sikhism and made them Singh's by initation of 'Amrit', two Sadhu and Budha came to see him and served him.
Kaal Jharani: This please in the east of Bajak on the Bahtinda- Badal road.Guru ji came here from Bajak.This place is around 6 km far from Bajak. Legend is that, crow is given salvation by Guru ji.
Kot Guru: Guru ji travelled about 12 km from chak Attar Singh is reach here. Gurdwara 'Gurusar' here is made in the memory of Guru ji.
Guru ji reached here from Jharani. Gurdwara Katarsar is constructed here in the Guru ji's memory. Legend is that Guru ji, killed a snake with his Katar.
Jassi Bhagwali: This village is in the south - east of Bathinda - Dabhwali road. A historical Gurdwara, Gurdwara Bagsar is adoring in the east of the village. This place is about 534 km from Anandpur Sahib. People of this place offered 'Gur' (Jaggery) to Guru ji.
Pakka Kalan: Guru ji sojourned to Pakka Kalan which is in the east-south of jassi. Guru ji stayed here for a while. Gurdwara Jand Sahib is adjoining to the village.
Chak Hira Singh: When Guru ji started towards Talwandi Sabo from Pakka Kalan. He rested in the south east of Pakka Kalan at Chak Hira Singh.There is also a Gurdwara is adorned.
Bangian: From Chak Hira Singh, Guru ji again ventured out to Talwandi Sabo. Legend is that Bhai Dalla came from Talwandi Sabo to received Guru ji at village Bangia. Talwandi Sabo is the distance from this village. Bhai Dalla met Guru ji under Bangian tree here.
- This article with thanks to gurugobindsinghmarg.org