|Part of a series on|
- Ek Onkar: There is only one God who is the Creator, Cherisher and Destroyer. God's presence is all around us and within us. By reciting Bani one begins to "connect" with God.
- Simran and Sewa: These are the Foundations of Sikhism. It is the duty of every Sikh to practise Naam Simran daily - the reciting and chanting of God’s Name to "connect" to God and remain aware and awake to His presence everywhere and in everyone. Also to engage in Sewa at all times - to help and offer "free" service to anyone in need; to serve in Gurdwara; in community centre; old people's homes; care centres; major world disasters, in other situation, etc
- Kirat Karni: - To live honestly and earn by ones physical and mental effort while accepting Gods gifts and blessings. A Sikh has to live as a householders carrying out his or her duties and responsibilities to the full.
- Kill the Five Thieves: The Sikh Gurus tell us that our mind and spirit are constantly being attacked by the Five Evils – Kam (Lust), Krodh (Rage), Lobh (Greed), Moh (Attachment) and Ahankar (Ego). A Sikh needs to constantly attack and overcome these five vices; be always vigilant and on guard to tackle these five thieves at all times!
- Positive Human Qualities: The Sikh Gurus taught the Sikhs to develop and harness positive human qualities which lead the soul closer to God and away from evil. These are: Sat (Truth); Daya (Compassion); Santokh (Contenment); Nimrata (Humility); and Pyare (Love).
- Sikh Beliefs - Brief outline of Sikh beliefs
- Basic Tenets of Sikhism: - A Summary of the most Important Beliefs and Tenets of Sikhism.
Guru Granth Sahib ..
Message of Gurbani
- An Introduction to Sikh Belief
- Important values of Sikhi
- Sikh Women
- Equality of women
- Sikh Beliefs
- Sikh Religious Philosophy
- Introduction to Sikhism
- Sikh Pages
|Gurus:||Nanak Dev | Guru Angad | Amar Das | Ram Das | Guru Arjan | Har Gobind | Har Rai | Har Krishan | Tegh Bahadur | Gobind Singh | Guru Granth Sahib | Sikh Bhagats|
|Philosophy:||Sikh Beliefs | Simran | Sewa | Beliefs and Principles | Underlying Values | Prohibitions | Technique and Methods | Other observations | Technique and Methods|
|Practices:||Ardas | Amrit Sanskar | Chardi Kala | Dasvandh | Five Ks | Kirat Karni | Kirtan | Langar | Naam Japna | Simran | Three Pillars | Vand Chakna | Five Evils | Five Virtues|
|Scripture:||Guru Granth Sahib | Sikh Scripture | Dasam Granth | Ek Onkar | Waheguru | Bani | Mool Mantar | Japji Sahib | Jaap Sahib | Chaupai | Anand Sahib | Tav-Prasad Savaiye | Rehras | Sukhmani|
|More:||History | Gurdwaras | Harmandir Sahib | Khalsa | Khanda | Names | Places | News | Satguru | Sikhs | Bhagat Farid | Bhagat Kabir | Websites | Biographical | Terms|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Sikh belief"
The following 179 pages are in this category, out of 179 total.