Nit Nem: literally means "Daily routine or habit".
Nitnem is a collaboration of different banis that were designated to be read by Sikhs every day. The Nitnem bani's usually include the Panj bania (5 bani's below) and sometimes Rehiras Sahib and Kirtan Sohila.
The following 5 Banis are normally read by practising Sikhs early in the morning.
Night time Nitnem
- Kirtan Sohila, the Bani recited just before one retires for the day; it is normally read when one is sitting in ones bed about to go to sleep at night.
1. Japji Sahib, forms the beginning of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, which is regarded as the perpetual Guru of the Sikhs. This Bani was complied by Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism and the first of the Ten Gurus of Sikhism.
- Download Japji Sahib2.mp3 - Size 5.35 MB / Play 15.35 mins
- Download Japji Sahib.mp3 - Size 1.826MB / Play 19.05 mins
- Written text of Japji Sahib
- Audio of Japji Sahib
- - Download Rehras Sahib2.mp3 - Size 5.9M & Play 16.52 mins
- Download Rehras Sahib.mp3 - Size 1.977M & Play 16.51 mins
- Download Kabiobach Bainti Chaupai.mp3 - Size 1.51MB & Play 4.24 mins
5. Kirtan Sohila – Prayer to be recited before going to sleep, which is also recited just before the body of a Sikh is cremated.
|These are the Popular Banis of Sikhism|