Bhai Joginder Singh Riaar
Bhai Joginder Singh Riaar Ji (Ludhiana wale) and partners are a ragi jatha who are well known to most Sikhs globally. They have been performing kirtan from a very young age and are self-taught. Bhai Joginder Singh is from Gurdaspur district in Punjab and is an exceptional vocalist and very able harmonium player. Bhai sahib, both with his own jatha and also as a member of the Atamras jatha, has enlightened Guru-ki-sangat in India and other parts of the world for over a decade.
He and his jatha play a mix of both classical raga and modern raga based tunes as a three-some where Bhai sahib is the lead vocalist with support from his jatha members on harmonium and tabla. There style is slow and mallow and very conducive to Gurbani kirtan and they have huge following throughout the world and especially in India, UK, Australia, and USA.
On a recent visit to the UK in June/July 2006, they took part in an Atamras kirtan event where they performed as a large group with various other famous ragi groups from India including Bhai Harjinder Singh, his younger brother's jatha Bhai Maninder Singh both of Sri Nagar, Sant Anoop Singh (Una Wala) and Bhai Mohinder Singh (Delhi wale).
- Telephone: via Charanpreet Singh 0044 (0) 7793976746 Email: [email protected]
- Gurbani Media Center
- Video at youtube Bhai Joginder Singh Riaar - Preetam Kei Des
- Gurbani kirtan @ youtube over 120 videos
- ikirtan - huge database of files for free download
- Sikhroots - A New site for listening and for free download
- Waheguroo network - A broad spectrum of files for free download
- Sikhnet.com - mp3 -100's of files for free download
- Sikhnet.com - realmedia -1000's of files for online listening
- keertan.org - 100's of files for free download
- Akhand Keertanee Jathaa - 100's of live recordings for free download
|Kirtan:||Raga · Taal · Ragmala · Classical Music · Sangeet · Dhuni · Divan · Asa di Var · Jatha · Simran · Shabad · Tuk · Rababi · Dhadhi|
|Ragas:||Asa · Bairari · Basant · Bhairon · Bihagara · Bilaval · Devagandhari · Dhanasari · Gauri · Gond · Gujari · Jaijavanti · Jaitsri · Kalian · Kanara · Kedara · Maajh · Malaar · Mali Gaura · Maru · Nat Narain · Prabhati · Ramkali · Sarang · Sri · Sorath · Suhi · Tilang · Todi · Tukhari · Vadahans|
|Ragis:||Harjinder Singh · Maninder Singh · Amolak Singh · Darshan Singh · Balwinder Singh · Harbans Singh · Anoop Singh · Niranjan Singh · Amrik Singh · Avtar Singh · Snatam Kaur ·Kamaljit Kaur · Dileep Kaur · Joginder Singh · SS Maskeen|
|Saaj:||Harmonium · Tabla · · Tanpura · Taus · Rabab · Sarangi · Dilruba · · Saranda · Sarode · Sitar · Santoor · Pakhawaj · Dhadh · Dholak · Dool|