(Redirected from 2 August)Jump to navigationJump to search
August is the eighth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of seven Gregorian months with the length of 31 days.
- 2: Dr. W. Hew Mcleod (1932 - 20 July 2009) was born on 2 August 1932 and passed away on 20 July 2009. He was a prolific and highly controversial scholar, professor and author, belong to New Zealand. The son of a sheep-farmer had come to Punjab, the north Indian border province that has a Sikh majority population, as a Christian missionary in 1958. He then settled down in Batala town, 40 km from Amritsar, Mcleod found his interest in Christianity waning and was drawn to Sikh history.
- 5: Barsi Bhagat Puran Singh; Bhagat ji passed away on 5 August, 1992 and Bhagat ji's was born on 4 June 1904.
- 5: Maala Baba Bakala
- 14: Birthday Sri Krishna (Hindu)
- 15: India Independence Day
- 16: 1 Bhadon
- 21: demise of Sobha Singh (29 November 1901 - 21 August 1986), famous Sikh painter passed away 21 August 1986 in Chandigarh.
- 26 Birth of Bhai Daya Singh (26 August 1669 - 1708), the first of the Panj Piare or the Five Beloved celebrated in the Sikh tradition, was the son of Bhai Suddha, a Sobti Khatri of Lahore, and Mai Diali.
- 26: Birth of Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji (born as Harbhajan Singh Puri) on August 26, 1929; died: October 6, 2004
- 28: That resolution which is now called the 'Anandpur Sahib Resolution' was passed on 28 August 1973. It was a resolution of the self-determination of Punjab.
- 30: Completion of Sri Guru Granth Sahib (Adi Granth) / 15 Bhadon
- 30: Birth of Bhai Kahn Singh, of Nabha (30 August 1861 - 24 November 1938), was a celebrated scholar and encyclopaedia writer, who was born on 30 August 1861 in village of Sabaz Banera near Nabha, Patiala Punjab, India