(Redirected from 21 August)Jump to navigationJump to search
August is the eighth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of seven Gregorian months with the length of 31 days.
- 2: Dr. W. Hew Mcleod (1932 - 20 July 2009) was born on 2 August 1932 and passed away on 20 July 2009. He was a prolific and highly controversial scholar, professor and author, belong to New Zealand. The son of a sheep-farmer had come to Punjab, the north Indian border province that has a Sikh majority population, as a Christian missionary in 1958. He then settled down in Batala town, 40 km from Amritsar, Mcleod found his interest in Christianity waning and was drawn to Sikh history.
- 5: Barsi Bhagat Puran Singh; Bhagat ji passed away on 5 August, 1992 and Bhagat ji's was born on 4 June 1904.
- 5: Maala Baba Bakala
- 14: Birthday Sri Krishna (Hindu)
- 15: India Independence Day
- 16: 1 Bhadon
- 21: demise of Sobha Singh (29 November 1901 - 21 August 1986), famous Sikh painter passed away 21 August 1986 in Chandigarh.
- 26 Birth of Bhai Daya Singh (26 August 1669 - 1708), the first of the Panj Piare or the Five Beloved celebrated in the Sikh tradition, was the son of Bhai Suddha, a Sobti Khatri of Lahore, and Mai Diali.
- 26: Birth of Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji (born as Harbhajan Singh Puri) on August 26, 1929; died: October 6, 2004
- 28: That resolution which is now called the 'Anandpur Sahib Resolution' was passed on 28 August 1973. It was a resolution of the self-determination of Punjab.
- 30: Completion of Sri Guru Granth Sahib (Adi Granth) / 15 Bhadon
- 30: Birth of Bhai Kahn Singh, of Nabha (30 August 1861 - 24 November 1938), was a celebrated scholar and encyclopaedia writer, who was born on 30 August 1861 in village of Sabaz Banera near Nabha, Patiala Punjab, India