He is one of the most honoured martyrs in Sikh history and the founder of the Shahid Misl as well as of the Damdami Taksal. He was a tall, strong, and uncommonly brave Sikh who was a bold and fearless saint-soldier, ever ready to risk his life for the Panth.
- At eighteen, he received Amrit at Anandpur sahib in the presence of Guru Gobind Singh ji.
- He spent about 8 years and learned Gurmukhi from Bhai Mani Singh along with horse riding, archery as well as other arms training.
- Met Guru Gobind Singh at Damdama sahib where Guru Ji asked him to start preaching Sikhism. Later became head "Granthi" at Damdama Sahib.
- Between 1705 and 1728, Baba Deep Singh and Bhai Mani Singh produced a number of hand written copies of the Guru Granth Sahib.
- Fought in various wars - In about 1709, Baba Deep Singh Ji joined Banda Singh Bahadur to fight in the battle of Sirhind .....More