After the attack at the river Sarsa, Guru Gobind Singh, his two eldest sons and 40 Sikhs made it to the town of Chamkaur while being pursued by an Mughal army of thousands. Guru Gobind Singh and the 40 Sikhs sought shelter in a mud-built double storey house. They were attacked by the Mughal enemy on December 21, 1705.
This location marks the site of the fortress like double storey house, with a high compound wall around it and only one entrance from the north, which was used by the Guru as a temporary citadel in the unequal battle of Chamkaur on 21-22 December, 1705. While occupying the house during the night of 21-22 December, Guruji ordered 8 Sikhs each to guard the four sides of the house. .....More