Gurdwara Pehli Patshahi meaning the "Gurdwara of the first master" is situated at Lakhpat, Gujarat, India - A town in Gujarat, visited by Guru Nanak sahib during his second and fourth missionary journeys (Udasis) in 1506-1513 AD and 1519-1521 AD respectively.
"Gurdwara Guru Nanak Sahib" has been built to preserve the memory of these visits of revered Guru during the early 1500s. Guru Nanak is believed to have visited this site while he was on his way to Mecca during the Fourth Udasi. A few of his rare personal possessions are retained here.
In the course of Guru Nanak Dev ji's travels, he visited Gujarat and traveled onto Lakhpat. In those days, Lakhpat was part of Sind, which today is now part of Pakistan). Lakhpat is 170 kms from Gandhidham, Gujarat, India.
In the sixteenth century Lakhpat was known as "Basta Bandar". Lakhpat was then a rich rice growing area and was also a popular port along the river, but an earthquake in 1819 led to the area became barren and crops withered away due to a lack of water as the as the age old irrigation system failed when the riverbed shifted as a result of the earthquake. .....More