User talk:Dilpreet Singh
Sikhi and meat
Bhai Sahib ji
I have reverted the changes made by you as they do not make clear sense. I have transferred the whole changed article to the talk page to try and see all the changes that you undertook. In future if you propose to make many changes to an article, please discuss them first on the talk page first - that is the normal etiquette on a wiki. Plus it will save a lot of time for all of us.
Below I have quoted the initial reasons why I cannot accept these changes as they stand:
- 1. You first say that the tuk from Bhai Gurdas is misquoted but you do not change the wording of the tuk - so how is it misquoted? You write, "As most of western Sikh are coming to Sikh faith using Yoga they are Misquoting Gurbani and Bhai Gurdas Ji....." I do not understand why you use the word - "mis-quote"? The Gurbani and Var appears to be correctly quoted. Do you mean they do not include all the relevant Gurbani on this topic? in which case the words should have been "fully quote" and not misquote as this means to "wrongly quote" something.
- 2. Secondly, you add from Bhai Gurdas Ji de Varan, Vaar 1, Pauri 41 but do not explain how this says that yoga is wrong according to Gurmat. Obviously, if some yogis are bad it does not mean that all yoga is bad! Just like if a group of Hindus act badly, we cannot say that Hinduism in totality is wrong.
- 3. You say "which they never read..."! How can you make this statement? Have you asked them?
- 4. You failed to address the other quotes already in the article from Siri Guru Granth Sahib on pages 165, 903, 1140, etc which support the gist of the statements made in the article that Sikh and Yoga together are OK and that there is no conflict as such.
- 5. Nowhere in your new quotes have you shown that the Guru has barred a Sikh from yoga. Can you please supply such a quote?
Waheguru Ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh
Bhai Sahib Ji- Thanks for correction ! I could means with Mis-Interpreted by them with regards to Yogies context of Hindu Patanjali. I was supposed to add more information from SIDDH GHOST which may clarifies more. However I have detailed discussion with Yogi Harbhan's Sikh who further went to denounces Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Bhai Gurdass Ji. Would you be kind enough to tell me How can they add Patanjali in the article to support Statement against Guru Grnath Sahib Ji ?
I did't address the Quotes on pages 165, 903, 1140 , However direct them to meaning of Yogi - Now you may check here  for different translation from one posted( which I just saw).
Finally , I may request you to read newly added quote again , teaching of Kundalini Yoga are cut in Gurmat Vision.
--Dilpreet Singh 23:07, 27 February 2011 (EST)
Bhai sahib ji
Thank you for your kind and considerate response; I am most grateful for your care and attention to Sikhi principles and beliefs. We learn from Gurbani all the time and I agree that at times we cannot put our intentions across correctly in a proper manner.
As a Sikh, I cannot see how we can go against the Guru Granth Sahib and I find the position that you mention difficult to understand. If anyone wants to discuss any of the issues raised in the holy text, they need to mention the exact tuk and then explain why they agree or disagree with the tuk. Surely that is the only way forward. Please ask the person to provide actual tuks from SGGS or Varan. I don't think there is anything in the article against Gurbani; if you think there is please let me know where. The article fully supports Gurbani and Gurbani supports the views expressed in the article. That is my understanding. I hope Bhai Sahib ji, that you agree with this statement; if not please do let me know. Kind regards, Hari Singhtalk 19:06, 28 February 2011 (EST)
Article is Mis Guided/ Mis-Interpreted
Bhai Sahib Ji, Sorry to say Article Reflect Hindu Yoga - Better We should redirect it to them. I have read you earlier and this is First time I felt you do injustice to Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Please be requested you to read my post again(offcourse I made some mistakes in contexting ) it is full synch with Guru Granth Sahib Ji .
Here is more from SIDDH GHOST -  Let your mind turn away in detachment from the world, and let this be your begging bowl. Let the lessons of the five elements be your cap. Let the body be your meditation mat, and the mind your loin cloth. Let truth, contentment and self -discipline be your companions.(I live in deep inside Nucleus of my heart - I sit in eternal, imperishable posture); So if my body is my meditation mat then How do you state that knowingly or unknowingly traditional Sikh Ignore's their Guru?
Here is one more reference to Hindu Yogic Postures from Guru Granth Sahib Ji 
ਖਟ ਸਾਸਤ ਬਿਚਰਤ ਮਖਿ ਗਿਆਨਾ ॥People recite from memory the wisdom of the six schools of philosophy; ਪੂਜਾ ਤਿਲਕ ਤੀਰਥ ਇਸਨਾਨਾ ॥ they perform worship services, wear ceremonial religious marks on their foreheads, and take ritual cleansing baths at sacred shrines of pilgrimage.
ਨਿਵਲੀ ਕਰਮ ਆਸਨ ਚਉਰਾਸੀਹ ਇਨ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥ They perform the inner cleansing practice with water and adopt the eighty-four Yogic postures; but still, they find no peace in any of these. ||2||
ਅਨਿਕ ਬਰਖ ਕੀਝ ਜਪ ਤਾਪਾ ॥ They chant and meditate, practicing austere self-discipline for years and years
ਗਵਨ ਕੀਆ ਧਰਤੀ ਭਰਮਾਤਾ ॥ they wander on journeys all over the earth;
ਇਕ ਖਿਨ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਜੋਗੀ ਬਹੜਿ ਬਹੜਿ ਉਠਿ ਧਾਵੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥ and yet, their hearts are not at peace, even for an instant. The Yogi rises up and goes out, over and over again. ||3||ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਮੋਹਿ ਸਾਧ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥ By His Mercy, I have met the Holy Saint
ਮਨ ਤਨ ਸੀਤਲ ਧੀਰਜ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ My mind and body have been cooled and soothed; I have been blessed with patience and composure
ਪਰਭ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਬਸਿਆ ਘਟ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਗਲ ਨਾਨਕ ਗਾਵੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੫॥੧੨॥ The Immortal Lord God has come to dwell within my heart. Nanak sings the songs of joy to the Lord. ||4||5||12||
Bhai Sahib Ji did you need anymore clarification please let me know - Please be requested do not Misguide/ Mis Interpret Gurbani and Bhai Gurdass Ji - Even these lines (The Gursikh Yogis remain detached and wakeful amidst the world of attachments.- Bhai Gurdaas Ji)are used to misguide - Yogi's here means with the Union/oneness with God.
Please be requested to re-write the article to reflect Sikh teachings. although there are thousands of sites who propagates Hindu Yoga/yogic Culture.
Chardikala ! --Dilpreet Singh 22:01, 28 February 2011 (EST)