Dear khalsa ji,
Following are the points to be discussed about nitnem banis. 1. Which five banis are our nitnem? 2. Why there are seven banis as nitnem, told by some Associations?
Explanation for Sr. No 1.
Japji Sahib,Sabad Hazare, Jaap Sahib, Anand Sahib, Benti Chaupai, Amrit Savaiye, Rehras Sahib (including Benti Chaupai), Kirtan Sohila, Sukhmani Sahib and Asa Di Var are most prominent banis among sikhs. All Shiri Granth sahib is a sacred bani, which we can not pratice daily as nitnem. In 1932, S.G.P.C and all sikh scholars of that time (about 70 scholars and 21 Panthic Assocciations)by consulting the writtings of Gurus, old Singhs and History, Sikh Rehat Maryada was passed. As per Sikh Rehat maryada following are the Five banis which will be practised by every sikh as nitnem (daily duty to be done from morning till sleeping time).
a. Japji Sahib
b. Jap Sahib
c. Amrit Savaiye (also known as Sudha Savaiyas)
Above 3 banis in the morning
d. Rehras Sahib in the evening
e. Kirtan Sohila at night bed time.
These five banis of nitnem are also stamped by Shiri Akal Takht Sahib.
Explanation for Sr. No 2.
There is pratice in Deras that five banis to be read in the morning (those are Japaji Sahib, Jap Sahib,Amrit Savaiye, Anad Sahib, Benti Choupai in the morning, Reharas Sahib including Benti Choupai in the evening and Kirtan Sohila Sahib at night before sleeping. If we see Guru Gobind Singh ji made our life very simple and natural. He cosidered timings avaliable for Family persons ( Ghar-Gharhasti peoples). Ghar-Gharhasti peoples can not devote so much time at home with family life. In Gurudawaras daily First bani recited is Sukhmani Sahib and then Kirtan of Asa Di Var is recited. These both the banis take average time of three hours. So how a Ghar-Gharhastee man can practice these daily.
Deras people have enough time to do these practices.
Rajinder Singh Canada email: [email protected]
- Nothing else but becoming Sachiara is the aim of all those who dare call themself Sikhs.
- All Practices are False
- nothibg else but NAAM.....NAAM DAAN and ISHNAAN with NAAM alone is Approved in the court of TRUTH god
- Sikhism is not just another religion or Sect or .....or.....or.....
- Sikhism is not a religion to begin with...... It is a society of Sachiary Dare Devils Committed to nothing but Daya, TRUE Dharam, Himmat, Mohkamiat & Sahibi.
- It is a Society of (not Chochlate baby soldiers),Eternal Human Beings
- It is a Society of Eternal IDOLs of TRUTH god
- It is a society of Tiny Tots crying for Their Mother
User:Mutia 25 Feb 07
User:Mutia 25 Feb 07
Five Banis Of Nitnem
2. So Dar 3. So Purkhu 4. Anand
These appear in the begining of Granth Sahib. Banis Not in Granth Sahib are Kachi Banies --Keerat 01:45, 2 August 2011 (EDT)