User:Mutia/Health, Happiness & Holiness:Origin of
One Eternal Almighty TRUTH is the Source of Health, Happiness and Holiness
|SGGS Page 82 Full Shabad|
As long as there is youth and health, meditate on the Naam.Along the way, the Lord shall go along with you, and in the end, He shall save you.I am a sacrifice to those, within whose minds the Lord has come to dwell. Those who have not remembered the Name of the Lord TRUTH, shall leave with regret in the end. Those who have such pre-ordained destiny written upon their foreheads, O servant Nanak, meditate on the Naam. ||3|| Pg 82
|SGGS Page 254 Full Shabad|
- Shalok:See, that even by calculating and scheming in their minds, people must surely depart in the end.
- Hopes and desires for transitory things are erased for the Gurmukh; O Nanak, TRUTH alone brings true health. ||1||Pg 254
|SGGS Page 270 Full Shabad|
- By His Grace, you have a healthy, golden body;
- attune yourself to that Loving Lord.
- By His Grace, your honor is preserved;
- O mind, chant the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har, and find peace.
- By His Grace, all your deficits are covered;
- O mind, seek the Sanctuary of God, our Lord and Master.
- By His Grace, no one can rival you;
- O mind, with each and every breath, remember TRUTH on High.
- By His Grace, you obtained this precious human body;
- O Nanak, worship Him with devotion. ||3||Pg 270
|SGGS Page 282 Full Shabad|
- One who is good-looking should not be vain;
- the Light of God is in all hearts.
- Why should anyone be proud of being rich?
- All riches are His gifts.
- One may call himself a great hero,
- but without God's Power, what can anyone do?
- One who brags about giving to charities
- the Great Giver shall judge him to be a fool.
- One who, by Guru's Grace, is cured of the disease of ego
- O Nanak, that person is forever healthy. ||2|| Pg 282
|SGGS Page 735 Full Shabad|
- O my Lord, the Lord's humble servants become healthy.
- Those who meditate on my Lord, TRUTH, through the Word of Satgur(TRUE IDEA ie GURBANI)'s Teachings, are rid of the disease of ego. ||1||Pause||
- Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva suffer from the disease of the three gunas - the three qualities; they do their deeds in egotism.
- The poor fools do not remember the One who created them; this understanding of the Lord is only obtained by those who become Gurmukh. ||2||Pg 735
|SGGS Page 7730 Full Shabad|
- The soul-bride is lovingly embellished with truth and contentment; her Father, the Guru, has come to engage her in arriage to her Husband Lord.
- Joining with the humble Saints, I sing Gurbani.
- Singing the Guru's Bani, I have obtained the supreme status; meeting with the Saints, the self-elect, I am blessed and adorned.eradicated hypocrisy and doubt.
- The pain of egotism is gone, and I have found peace; my body has become healthy and free of disease.
- By Guru's Grace, O Nanak, I have realized God, the ocean of virtue. ||2||Pg 773
|SGGS Page 891 Full Shabad|
- He is totally peaceful, blissful and healthy;
- he looks upon all impartially, and is perfectly detached.
- He does not come and go, and he never wavers;
- the Naam abides in his mind. ||3||Pg 891
|SGGS Page 981 Full Shabad|
- As long as his soul and body are healthy and strong, he does not remember the Lord at all.
- But when his home and mansion catch fire, then, he wants to dig the well to draw water. ||4||Pg 981
|SGGS Page 1356 Full Shabad|
- Those who meditate in remembrance on the Lord TRUTH in their hearts, look upon even pain as God's Grace.
- The healthy person is very sick, if he does not remember the Lord TRUTH, the Embodiment of Mercy. ||25||Pg 1356
|SGGS Page 1358 Full Shabad|
- O Lord of the Universe, Master of the Breath of life, Treasure of Mercy, Guru of the World.
- O Destroyer of the fever of the world, Embodiment of Compassion, please take away all my pain.
- O Merciful Lord, Potent to give Sanctuary, Master of the meek and humble, please be kind to me.
- Whether his body is healthy or sick, let Nanak meditate in remembrance on You, Lord. ||50||Pg 1358
|SGGS Page 1374 Full Shabad|
- Why does the Shaykh bother to go on pilgrimage to Mecca, if he is not content with himself?
- Kabeer, one whose heart is not healthy and whole - how can he attain his Lord? ||185||Pg 1374
Page -- 8
- In the realm of karma, the Word is Power.
- No one else dwells there,
- except the warriors of great power, the spiritual heroes.
- They are totally fulfilled, imbued with the Lord's Essence.
- Myriads of Sitas are there, cool and calm in their majestic glory.
- Their beauty cannot be described.
- Neither death nor deception comes to those,
- within whose minds the Lord abides.
- The devotees of many worlds dwell there.
- They celebrate; their minds are imbued with the True Lord.
- In the realm of Truth, the Formless Lord abides.
- Having created the creation, He watches over it. By His Glance of Grace, He bestows happiness. * There are planets, solar systems and galaxies.
- If one speaks of them, there is no limit, no end.
- There are worlds upon worlds of His Creation.
- As He commands, so they exist.
- He watches over all, and contemplating the creation, He rejoices.
- O Nanak, to describe this is as hard as steel! ||37||
Page -- 13
- Raag Gauree Poorbee, Fifth Mehl:
- Listen, my friends, I beg of you: now is the time to serve the Saints!
- In this world, earn the profit of the Lord's Name, and hereafter, you shall dwell in peace. ||1||
- This life is diminishing, day and night. Meeting with the Guru, your affairs shall be resolved. ||1||Pause||
- This world is engrossed in corruption and cynicism. Only those who know God are saved.
- Only those who are awakened by the Lord to drink in this Sublime Essence, come to know the Unspoken Speech of the Lord. ||2||
- Purchase only that for which you have come into the world, and through the Guru, the Lord shall dwell within your mind.
- Within the home of your own inner being, you shall obtain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence with intuitive ease. You shall not be consigned again to the wheel of reincarnation. ||3||
- O Inner-knower, Searcher of Hearts, O Primal Being, Architect of Destiny: please fulfill this yearning of my mind.
- Nanak, Your slave, begs for this happiness: let me be the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||4||5||
Page -- 45
- O my mind, meditate on the Name(ie TRUTH) of the One Lord.
- The happiness of all happiness shall well up, and in the Court of the Lord, you shall be dressed in robes of honor. ||1||Pause||
- The fear of death and rebirth is removed by performing loving devotional service to the Lord of the World.
- In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, one becomes immaculate and pure; the Lord Himself takes care of such a one.
Page -- 3
- Countless meditations, countless loves.
- Countless worship services, countless austere disciplines.
- Countless scriptures, and ritual recitations of the Vedas.
- Countless Yogis, whose minds remain detached from the world.
Page -- 4
- Countless devotees contemplate the Wisdom and Virtues of the Lord.
- Countless the holy, countless the givers.
- Countless heroic spiritual warriors, who bear the brunt of the attack in battle
- Countless silent sages, vibrating the String of His Love.
- How can Your Creative Potency be described?
- I cannot even once be a sacrifice to You.
- Whatever pleases You is the only good done,
- You, Eternal and Formless One. ||17||
Page -- 6
- Where is that Gate, and where is that Dwelling, in which You sit and take care of all?
- The Sound-current of the Naad vibrates there, and countless musicians play on all sorts of instruments there.
- So many Ragas, so many musicians singing there.
- The praanic wind, water and fire sing; the Righteous Judge of Dharma sings at Your Door.
- Chitr and Gupt, the angels of the conscious and the subconscious who record actions, and the Righteous Judge of Dharma who judges this record sing.
- Shiva, Brahma and the Goddess of Beauty, ever adorned, sing.
- Indra, seated upon His Throne, sings with the deities at Your Door.
- The Siddhas in Samaadhi sing; the Saadhus sing in contemplation.
- The celibates, the fanatics, the peacefully accepting and the fearless warriors sing.
- The Pandits, the religious scholars who recite the Vedas, with the supreme sages of all the ages, sing.
- The Mohinis, the enchanting heavenly beauties who entice hearts in this world, in paradise, and in the underworld of the subconscious sing.
- The celestial jewels created by You, and the sixty-eight holy places of pilgrimage sing.
- The brave and mighty warriors sing; the spiritual heroes and the four sources of creation sing.
- The planets, solar systems and galaxies, created and arranged by Your Hand, sing.
- They alone sing, who are pleasing to Your Will. Your devotees are imbued with the Nectar of Your Essence.
- So many others sing, they do not come to mind. O Nanak, how can I consider them all?
- That True Lord is True, Forever True, and True is His Name.
- He is, and shall always be. He shall not depart, even when this Universe which He has created departs.
- He created the world, with its various colors, species of beings, and the variety of Maya.
- Having created the creation, He watches over it Himself, by His Greatness.
FALSE SOURCES of:-
health, Happiness & Holiness
kundalini yoga (Shakti Yoga, tantra yoga): Purported means of activating kundalini (also called ahamkara and kundalini shakti). This, allegedly, is a "dormant infinite force," "potential cosmic power," or "spiritual power" that, in most people, is asleep, without self-awareness, in a chakra at the coccyx. Supposedly, when kundalini is awake, it enriches people's lives emotionally, intellectually, physically, and spiritually. Moreover, its arousal purportedly contributes to the cure of many intractable diseases. Kundalini yoga includes bhuta shuddhi. kyo-jitsu: Localization of "imbalances" of ki by palpation.
Hatha yoga(hatha, yoga): Method akin to kundalini yoga. healing light kung fu (healing hands kung fu): Apparently, a combination of cosmic energy chi kung and Five Finger Kung Fu. Seminal and Ovarian Kung Fu, Taoist Sexology and Practice):
Rajneesh's "Dynamic Meditation" and "Kundalini Yoga"
yagya: Vedic (Hindu) ceremony purportedly designed to engage at least one deity in promoting health and restoring "environmental balance."
Yantra Yoga (Tibetan Yantra Yoga, Yantra Tibetan Yoga): Tibetan Buddhist variation of hatha yoga. The purported benefits of practicing Yantra Yoga include "balanced energy" and "spiritual development."
yoga: 1. Hodgepodge of dozens of religious and quasireligious systems and methods, many of which are health-related. The word "yoga" comes from a Sanskrit term that literally means "yoke" and, in Hinduism, implies harnessing oneself to God. However, contextually or with a qualifier (e.g., chakra, Chinese, Polarity, Taoist, or Tibetan), the word "yoga" often seems to mean simply "religious or quasireligious practice or group of practices."
Yoga for Busy People (YBP, Yoga for Busy People method): Form of hatha yoga expounded and endorsed by minister Dawn Groves. Purportedly, one learns with YBP how to "re-inhabit" one's body and develops a "childlike partnership" with it.
Yoga Nutrition: Dietary method endorsed by Richard Hittleman, author of several books on yoga. Its theory holds that: (a) prana ("life-force") is absorbable from food and is its "real nourishment," and (b) eating too many indigestible, rich, "devitalized" foods allows gastric removal of "vital energies" from other parts of the body, including one's "mental and spiritual bodies."
yoga therapy: 1. Field of practices that use yoga to treat mental and physical problems. 2. Psychotherapeutic variation of hatha yoga whose postulate is that disease is the cumulative lodging of "undigested experiences" in the "body/mind." Yogic Flying: An "aspect" of TM-Sidhi. Purportedly, it is a means of self-levitation whose effects include "bubbling bliss." Group practice allegedly promotes "harmonious trends" throughout a society.
Yogic Neuromuscular Therapy: An alleged means of stabilizing the "mind body connection." This stabilization purportedly allows the connecting of the spirit and the "unified body and mind."
- Original textGurbani.net
- Detailed grammatically correct Punjabi TranslationPg 0001
- Detailed grammatically correct English TranslatioReflections of SGGS
- Orinal text with English translationSikhi to the Max
- Combined English and Hindi TranslationGurbani by SriGranth.com
- Japji Sahib Original, English Transliteration, Punjabi & English Translation
- Japji Sahib Original, English Translation and Transliteration]
- Read Jap Ji Sahib Online
- Read Jap Ji Sahib Online
|These are the Popular Banis of Sikhism|