(Redirected from 13 June)Jump to navigationJump to search
June is the sixth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of four with the length of 30 days.
Details of Important events
- 1 to 6: 1984 Operation Blue Star was the codename for the attack on the Akal Takhat and the Golden Temple complex during the period June 1 to 6, 1984. This tragic event took place over 25 years ago and Sikhs all over the world will remember this episode with great sadness.
- 9: Martyrdom of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur (16 October, 1670 - 9 June, 1716)
- 10: Death of Bhai Vir Singh (December 5, 1872 - June 10, 1957)
- 11:1606 Guru Hargobind becomes the sixth Guru of the Sikhs
- 13: 1647 Peer Buddhu Shah (13 June 1647 - 21 March 1704) was born on 13 June 1647 at Sadhaura. He was a Muslim divine whose real name was Badr ud Din; he was an admirer and ally of Guru Gobind Singh.
- 15: First day of new month of Harh
- 19: Anandpur sahib was founded by Guru Tegh Bahadur sahib on June 19,1665
- 27: 1839: Maharaja Ranjit Singh (13th November 1780 - 27 June 1839) also called "Sher-e-Punjab" ("The Lion of Punjab") was the principle Sikh ruler of the sovereign country of Punjab and the Sikh Empire. This great warrior, fearless soldier, able administrator, clement ruler, a statesman and liberator of Punjab died on 27th June 1839.