Dera Baba Nanak, Kartarpur (Ravi)
The Shrine is sited along the bank of the river Ravi where Guru Nanak Ji departed from this world on 23rd Assu, Samvat 1596 (22nd Sept. 1529).
Dera Sahib Station is located about four kilometers from the Gurdwara on the Lahore-Narowal railway.
The Gurdwara was originaly built at a cost of Rs.1,35,600, from funds donated by Sardar Popindar Singh, the Maharaja of Patiala.
The Govt. of Pakistan renovated the Gurdwara in 1995 incurring an expenditure in lacs of rupees. It has a spacious and beautiful building. Its location beside a forest along the river Ravi makes its care difficult. A photo before the rennovations is shown below.