with all due respect, I wish it is not April fool joke
Religion & communal violence
my name is Harvinder Singh Matharu MUKHRJEE PARK TILAK NAGAR
My brother's? girl studing in Kamal Public School Vikas Puri Today, 1 April 2010. I went to purchase a book from the school; they overcharged me for the book; when I went to see the person in-charge S. K. Tendon, he used abusive language towards me and told me that "You Sikhs are busted" and removed my turban and snatched and pulled my hair and the staff removed the hairs! ?? I want to know is it a crime to be Sikh?
He also said to me that 84 will come again for the Sikhs! And that I should go to Punjab.
I called the Police on 100 number channel no 112 at 10.55 and again 128 at 11.15 but they refused to log my complaint. Today, I logged a complaint on National Commission of Minorities 1800110088 at 11.45 and am also sending in writing also in your office.
MY BROTHER GIRL STUDING IN KAMAL PUBLIC SCHOOL VIKAS PURI TODAY I GO TO PURCHASE THE BOOK FROM SCHOOL THEY ARE OVERCHARGE FROM ME WHEN I GO TO MEET THE SCHOOL IN CHARGE S.K TENDON HE USED ABUSED LANGUAGE WITH ME AND ASKED ME U SIKH ARE BUSTED AND REMOVED MY TURBAN AND SANCHED MY HAIRS AND THE STAFF REMOVE THE HAIRS THIS SIKH AND THOUGH OUT ME FROM SCHOOL I WANT TO KNOW IF I AM SIKH ITS MY CRIME ( HE ASKED ME 84 WILL AGAIN COME FOR SIKHS ) GO TO PUNJAB PLZ TAKE NECCECERY ACTION I CALL THE POLICE 100 number CHANNEL NO 112 AT 10.55 AND AGAIN 128 AT 11.15 BUT HE REFUSED TO LOG MY COMPLINE TODAY I LOG A COMPLINE ON NATIONAL COMMISION OF MINITORY 1800110088 AT 11.45 AND SENDING IN WRITEN ALSO IN YOUR OFFICE THANKING YOU
Reply to your message
Bhai sahib ji, Sat Sri Akal
I am very disturbed and concerned about your message. Could you please send me the following details urgently:
- 1. Your telephone number or cell number or friends/relations cell number of telephone number;
- 2. An email address where I can contact you or a friend's email;
- 3. Please confirm that this is the location of the school - Map url here
- 4. Also confirm the schools is called:
- School: KAMAL PUBLIC SCHOOL School West Delhi, Delhi Address: D BLOCK VIKAS PURI NEW DELHI, WEST DELHI, DELHI
- Telephone No: 011 28534507,25517741 011-28537741 Email: [email protected]
- 5. Details of the Headmaster of the school; If the information in (4) is not correct please provide his or her telephone number or email. The exact address of the school; etc.
- 6. Details including address, telephone number of the nearest Gurdwara as we wish to get some local support immediately.
Further proposed amendment to text by Richard
My name is Harvinder Singh Matharu and I live at Mukhrjee Park Tilak Nagar, West Delhi, India.
My brother's daughter is a student in the Kamal Public School Vikas Puri. On 1 April 2010, I went to purchase a book (for her studies) from the school. On checking my receipt I noticed that I had been overcharged for the book. When I went to see the person, I was told was in charge, Mr. S. K. Tendon, rather than tending to my complaint, he used abusive language, telling me, I quote, "You Sikhs are busted", he then snatched my turban off my head and even yanked my hair, pulling it so forcefully that he pulled out some of my hair. This has upset me terribly, I want to know is it now a crime to be Sikh?
During the incident Mr. Tendon also told me that '84 will come again for the Sikhs! He even suggested that I should (leave Delhi) and go live in Punjab.
I called the Police on 100 number channel no 112 at 10.55 and again 128 at 11.15, but they refused to log my complaint. Today, I logged a complaint (telephonic message) on National Commission of Minorities 1800110088 at 11.45.
I am writing to recount the whole incident and am also sending my complaint in writing to your office, as well. Such uncivil action by a public servant, who attacked me regarding my religion is inexcusable. I sincerely hope that you will use your good office to take necessary action.
Besides denigrating me personally, this man's remarks and behavior has belittled the entire Sikh community, in the same manner that Mr. Husain's paintings have been hurtful of the feelings of many Hindus around the world.
India's laws prohibit any manner of expression which someone might consider insulting to his religion or which for whatever reason might disturb public tranquility.
Section 153A of the penal code says, inter alia (among other things):
- Whoever (a) by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, promotes or attempts to promote, on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, caste or community or any other ground whatsoever, disharmony or feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, or (b) commits any act which is prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, and which disturbs or is likely to disturb the public tranquility, . . . shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
Section 295A says:
- Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of [citizens of India], [by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise], insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to [three years], or with fine, or with both.