Re: Why have a page on Krishna. What should it say?
Veer ji, I have added some lines of Bani, that I hold 'close to my heart'.
naanak huk-mae jai bujhae taa humae kahae naa ko-i ||2||
- O Nanak, one who understands His Command, does not speak in ego.
fair ki agae rakhee-ae jit disae dar-baar ||
- So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court?
naanak ai-vae jaanee-ae sab aa-pai sachi-aar ||4||
- O Nanak, know this well: the True One Himself is All. ||4||
gur-mukh naadN gur-mukh vaidN gur-mukh rahi-aa samaa-ee ||
- The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the
- Vedas; the Guru's Word is all-pervading.
gur ee-sar gur gorakh bar-maa gur paar-batee maa-ee ||
- The Guru is Shiva, the Guru is Vishnu and Brahma; the Guru is Paarvati and Lakhshmi.
The words of Guru Nanak Dev, seem to say it all, they are words to live by.
… the whole of Creation is infused with the Divine spirit and all persons are brothers and sisters in spirit without any distinction of caste, creed, race or colour. Thus the veil of selfishness is removed and the Eternal Truth, the Divine within and without, is realized. Then one becomes God conscious.
What bothered me was seeing the two images on Sikhiwiki that denigrated another religion, would Guru Gobind Singh ever have aimed an arrow at a Hindu Murti?
A red X is very offensive, especially over what another' considers sacred. A page here on Krishna seems odd in the first place, unless it is simple - defining what Krisna is, for whom in the most concise method.
Then explain that the worship of murtis or Devtas is not part of Sikhi. Why belittle another's religion, is that speaking in ego?. The my religion is superior to yours - line, never enrolls anyone.
Painting an X over the letters US or over the words Punjab, Mohamet, Jesus or Guru Nanak is going to make people angry. Living the Guru's teaching - enrolls others.
I do however, want to thank you for staying engaged with Sikhiwiki all these years. I always have enjoyed seeing your name, as you posted over the years.
Raab Rakhaa, Allenwalla 07:18, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
1) This is not product, but Truth explanation in form of image. Ya if you want me to write on image that WE DON'T BELIEVE IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF KRISNA, it also means same we are cutting that krishna and adopting it's spiritual meanings.
2) If Someone logically put cross along KHanda then we have to accept it, but if there is no logic behind putting cross and fake logic then we should think on that. Sly, if illogicaly i put this cross then i am sorry for that. Let Admin think on that
3) I have not affix that photo here, i have to remove that pic and i have requested admin, i actually want to show that pic to friend. but sir the text which is written is truth. Gobind SIngh wrote this about Krishna to expose to people that whom you believe god is like this. The scary which was in people mind on name of krishna rama shiva was removed by GUru Gobind SIngh, by telling these things. I am putting delete on that image.
baki i do not have negative views but this is also methodology to tell truth, which may hurt someones who do not want to accept the other part of it. So why we are thinking about those people who could not accept truth?? (paapi 09:33, 26 July 2010 (UTC))
Following lines are quoted to misinterpret Krishna
O my Father, Lord of wealth, blessed are You, long-haired, dark-skinned, my darling. ||1||Pause||
ਕਰ ਧਰੇ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਬੈਕੁੰਠ ਤੇ ਆਏ ਗਜ ਹਸਤੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਉਧਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥ You hold the steel chakra in Your hand; You came down from Heaven, and saved the life of the elephant.
ਦੁਹਸਾਸਨ ਕੀ ਸਭਾ ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਅੰਬਰ ਲੇਤ ਉਬਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥੧॥ In the court of Duhsaasan, You saved the honor of Dropati, when her clothes were being removed. ||1||
ਗੋਤਮ ਨਾਰਿ ਅਹਲਿਆ ਤਾਰੀ ਪਾਵਨ ਕੇਤਕ ਤਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥ You saved Ahliyaa, the wife of Gautam; how many have You purified and carried across?
ਐਸਾ ਅਧਮੁ ਅਜਾਤਿ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਤਉ ਸਰਨਾਗਤਿ ਆਈਅਲੇ ॥੨॥੨॥ Such a lowly outcaste as Naam Dayv has come seeking Your Sanctuary. ||2||2|| (SGGS : 988)
Pondering over above shabad , wasn't it Krishna who saved honor of draupadi ? Also , God is formless , Chakra is related to Krishna .
ਨਿਰਾਹਾਰੀ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥ He is beyond need of any sustenance, free of hate and all-pervading.
ਧਾਰਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਚਤੁਰਭੁਜੁ ਕਹਾਇਆ ॥ He has staged His play; He is called the four-armed Lord.
ਸਾਵਲ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਰੂਪ ਬਣਾਵਹਿ ਬੇਣੁ ਸੁਨਤ ਸਭ ਮੋਹੈਗਾ ॥੯॥ He assumed the beautiful form of the blue-skinned Krishna; hearing His flute, all are fascinated and enticed. ||9||
ਬਨਮਾਲਾ ਬਿਭੂਖਨ ਕਮਲ ਨੈਨ ॥ He is adorned with garlands of flowers, with lotus eyes.
ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਮੁਕਟ ਬੈਨ ॥ His ear-rings, crown and flute are so beautiful.
ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਾ ਸਾਰਥੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਾ ॥੧੦॥ He carries the conch, the chakra and the war club; He is the Great Charioteer, who stays with His Saints. ||10||
ਪੀਤ ਪੀਤੰਬਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਧਣੀ ॥ The Lord of yellow robes, the Master of the three worlds.
ਜਗੰਨਾਥੁ ਗੋਪਾਲੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਭਣੀ ॥ The Lord of the Universe, the Lord of the world; with my mouth, I chant His Name.
ਸਾਰਿੰਗਧਰ ਭਗਵਾਨ ਬੀਠੁਲਾ ਮੈ ਗਣਤ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਸਰਬੰਗਾ ॥੧੧॥ The Archer who draws the bow, the Beloved Lord God; I cannot count all His limbs. ||11|| ( SGGS : 1082)
ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਮਾਲਾ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਬਿਰਾਜਿਤ ਦੇਖਿ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪੁ ਜਮੁ ਡਰਿਓ ॥ He is adorned with the conch, the chakra, the mala and the ceremonial tilak mark on his forehead; gazing upon his radiant glory, the Messenger of Death is scared away. (SGGS : 1105)