Talk:Gurmat and Islam : Questioning
Unfortunately, the quote:
“There is only one true Dharma (faith). Gurmat (Sikhism) is complete and perfect through the ages.” (Ang 1188)
is an incorrect translation. I have changed it to reflect the correct translation as at Srigranth with a link to the translation.
The actual tuks (line) is:
|ਝਕੋ ਧਰਮ ਦਰਿੜੈ ਸਚ ਕੋਈ ॥|
|Ėko ḝẖaram ḝariṛai sacẖ koī.|
|There is only one religion of Dharma; let everyone grasp this truth.|
The word Dharma has many meanings but here it means "righteousness" or "true or right path" So the tuk from our Guru is telling us that "there is only one righteousness" ie Only by doing "good deeds and actions",etc can one become near to God - so that is the only path. So although we have many religions, they all ask one to move towards "truth" and "righteousness".
|ਹਮ ਇਹ ਕਾਜ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਆਝ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਹੇਤ ਗਰਦੇਵਿ ਪਠਾਝ ॥|
|I have been sent into this world by the Preceptor-Lord to propagate Dharma (righteousness).|
So, I do not believe that there is any real difference in the two articles but it is a matter of interpretation of Gurbani. There will always be some difference in individual understanding - This can only be eliminated by discussion and dialogue.
I hope this helps clarify this matter, Hari Singh 11:17, 3 June 2007 (EDT)
http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Primary_Beliefs_and_Principles#Many_Paths_lead_to_God Doesn't this part conflict with the part on here where it says that there is only one path to God? Epa101 18:03, 1 June 2007 (EDT)
Different humansdifferent thinkings a article written by me other by hari singh or by other. No prophets have same thinkings too u know this also
TRUTH is GOD!
In the history of Mankind.....
- ...their had been different Paths so far...
- ...their are different paths Here & Now...
- ....how will things be ahead, is known to TRUTH (read GOD) alone
- Sikhs believe in nothing but ONE TRUTH (read GOD). This belief encompasses all paths existing on ground as per the WILL of TRUTH (read GOD).
- Will of TRUTH (read GOD) can no way be questiond
- Gurbani is ONE Path incompassing All TRUTHs(read Paths).
- Gurbani is GOD
- Gurbani is ONE GURU of Humanity.
- GOD Willing Seekers are expected to willingliy seek sentury under the order of SatGurBani founded on
- Life time Learning
- Life time commitmittment of Helping others Learn
- Life time commitment of never ending & unintrupted INTROSPECTION aimed at nothing but to....
- ...Learn better,....Learn More...
- Help others Learn better & more.....
....about Commandments of TRUTH (read GOD)...&
to die as a Flawless Human being
Those who, as per the WILL of TRUTH (read GOD) do not care for TRUTHs(read GOD)......are to be left free to follow their own free will not the will of the Society.
- Sikhism honours the 'free will of all muman beings to be masters of therir own lives.
- Sikhism honours human life as gift of TRUTH (read GOD).
- A Sikh. makes himself a Sikh if and only if TRUTHs written in his heart are revealed by his ownself to his ownself.
- Sikhism believes that every human being livning on earth, in our univerese & universes beyond is an IDOL of TRUTH (read GOD).
- Sikhism believes that TRUTH (read GOD) alone can decide whether, GOD's language ie TRUTHs written on his oun heart get revealed to him or otherwise.
- Sikhism believes that ONE Humanity is ONE GOD in Human form. Every member lives life as a consequence of her/his own deeds / misdeeds
- Sikhism believes in equal social status & liberties for Ladies & gentlemen......! nay! let me be precise in my expression "Sikhism believes in, & Gurbani ordains that way
- O you MALES !...Why do you degrade the ladies who gave best of the Prophets & kings & ...&...&.. to humanity
- O you MALES !...Why do you degrade the ladies who are the very origin of Humanity (read GOD).
- Ladies, by the very fact of their being Ladies, in Sikhism stand placed next only to GOD.....only therafter comes the turn of Males being acknowledged & identified as members of Free Sikh Society.
- ----User: Khalsa1 3 Jun 07
I wasn't expecting quite so many responses to my query. SikhiWiki seems to have some committed workers. Many thanks for your explanation. Epa101 13:09, 3 June 2007 (EDT)