""Param Guru" (ਪਰਮ ਗਰੂ) is term used for Nirankaar in Gurbani by Bhatt Kall Sahar.
ਪੰਨਾ 1389, ਸਤਰ 12 ਤਾਸ ਚਰਨ ਲੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸਾਵਉ ॥
By Grasping One's Feet and enshrining him in heart.
ਤਉ ਪਰਮ ਗਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਗਨ ਗਾਵਉ ॥੧॥
Nanak sing the Glorious Praises of Most Exalted Guru
Attributes of Param Guru
Further Bhatt Kall Sahar explained what is Param Guru.
ਗਾਵਉ ਗਨ ਪਰਮ ਗਰੂ ਸਖ ਸਾਗਰ ਦਰਤ ਨਿਵਾਰਣ ਸਬਦ ਸਰੇ ॥
Sing the Glorious Praises of the most exalted Guru, the Ocean of peace, the Eradicator of sins, the sacred pool of the Shabad, the Word of God.
- Param Guru is Sukh Sagar.
- Param Guru is Eradicator of Sins.
- Param Guru is Sacred Pool of Shabad.
- Every Devotee sang, singing and trying to attain param guru with various methods.
It is often said that here Guru Nanak's Praises are sung by Bhatt Kal Sahar which is wrong as per Gurmat. Baba Nanak was admired by bhatt and told by Bhaatt Kalsahar that Baba Nanak Sing praises of Param Guru.
Who could sing praises of Param Guru? Bhatt Kalsahar speaks further:
- ਗਾਵਹਿ ਗੰਭੀਰ ਧੀਰ ਮਤਿ ਸਾਗਰ -> The one which have deep and profound understanding.
ਕਬਿ ਕਲ ਸ ਜਸ ਗਾਵਉ ਗਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਜ ਜੋਗ ਜਿਨਿ ਮਾਣਿਓ ॥੨॥
KAL the poet says His(Param Guru) sublime Praises, were sang by Gur Nanak and he enjoys mastery of Raja Yoga(Yog with King = Param Guru = Nirankar).