Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee
The Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (or PSGPC) is a Sikh religious organisation in Pakistan. PSGPC was formed by the Government of Pakistan and is entrusted with the maintenance of Sikh religious institutions, places of worships in Pakistan. Unlike Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) in India, PSGPC is not an Independent fully Sikh-owned body and is controlled by Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) of Pakistan. This organisation is entrusted with the maintenance of Sikh religious institutions, places of worships (gurdwara) and the well-being of the Pakistani Sikh community. Its main organisation is based in Lahore in the province of Punjab. However, the PSGPC is opposed by the SGPC, which regards itself as the sole guardian of Sikh institutions and religion worldwide. The right to sole guardian is given to SGPC every 4 years in a fair elections in which sikhs from around the world participate. SGPC was created in 1920s.
- ^ PTI Pakistan Sikh body elects caretaker president http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/pakistan-sikh-body-elects-caretaker-president/article8423115.ece 1 April 2016 Retrieved 20 April 2016
- ^ Pak Sikhs leaving abroad must inform PSGPC http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/world/pak-sikhs-leaving-abroad-must-inform-psgpc/117070.html 20 April 2016 Retrieved 20 April 2016
- ^ Calendar: Makkar returns without any assurance from PSGPC http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Calendar-Makkar-returns-without-any-assurance-from-PSGPC/articleshow/35490430.cms 23 May 2014 Retrieved 20 April 2016
- ^ DSGMC calls upon Pak Sikhs to initiate movement to bring Gurdwara's out of control of ET PB http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/DSGMC-calls-upon-Pak-Sikhs-to-initiate-movement-to-bring-Gurdwaras-out-of-control-of-ET-PB/articleshow/47927955.cms 3 July 2015 Retrieved 20 April 2016
- ^ Evacuee Trust Property Board Shrine Branch http://www.etpb.gov.pk/shrinebranch.html Retrieved 20 April 2016