As Per Gurmat,
- Dhumralochan is a qualititative name of The Soul. It is a Negative Quality
- Dhumralochan is also called Dhumranain and Lochan Dhoom.
- The soul which could not see the truth is called Dhumra Lochan.
- Dhumra is Illusion, Smoke before, Lochan(eye), The third eye i.e Understanding(Intellect/Buddhi).
- His vision is obscure because he could not see the internal truth. He do not have Spiritual wisdom but may have Temporal wisdom. The term came in Gurmat is Bharam Gyani(not Brahm Gyani).
Dhumralochan is made of two Sanskrit words:
- The Sanskrit word Dhumra (Devanagari: धूमढ़र) is an adjective to word Lochan meaning "smoky, obscured".
- The Sanskrit word Lochan (Devanagari: लोचन) is a noun which means "sight, eye".
In simple English transliteration it is written either as Dhumarlochan or Dhumralochan. Dhumralochan becoms a qualitative and collective noun.
Concept of Lochan (Eye)
As per Gurmat,
ਗਰ ਗਿਆਨ ਅੰਜਨ ਸਚ ਨੇਤਰੀ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
The Gur has applied the true ointment of spiritual wisdom to my eyes.
ਅੰਤਰਿ ਚਾਨਣ ਅਗਿਆਨ ਅੰਧੇਰ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥
Deep within, the Divine Light has dawned, and the darkness of ignorance has been dispelled.
ਜੋਤੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲੀ ਮਨ ਮਾਨਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਪਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੩॥
My light has merged into the Light; my mind has surrendered, and I am blessed with Glory in the Court of the Lord. ||3||
In the above Hymn, It is not outer eye where ointment of spiritual wisdom resides still it the word ਨੇਤਰੀ (Netri) - Eye is used. In Spiritual world, Buddhi is the eye of Soul. Person analyzes through Buddhi and Wisdom i.e Gyaan is product which is to be given to such Buddhi of Soul. This is called Third Eye. With this eye only one could see and understand Satgur. From Outer eye one could watch only physical things.
Smoke - Illusion
ਸੰਤੋਖ ਨ ਆਵਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਕਾਜ ॥
Contentment does not come by any endeavors.
ਧੂੰਮ ਬਾਦਰ ਸਭਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਸਾਜ ॥
All the show of Maya is just a cloud of smoke.
ਪਾਪ ਕਰੰਤੌ ਨਹ ਸੰਗਾਇ ॥
The mortal does not hesitate to commit sins.
ਬਿਖ ਕਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ ॥੨॥
Intoxicated with poison, he comes and goes in reincarnation. ||2||
In Gurmat, The whole world is considered as Cloud of Smoke or Mountain of Smoke, Like smoke produces and vanishes. Whatsoever we see with our outer eyes is called Maya and It is considered as Poison. A Soul which is totally engross in Maya like attach to Material, Attach to Relations, then it is romping around Smoke. Such soul will take one more form as her wish is related to Maya, as he engross in Maya he will "think against Supreme Command"(sin), but could not do anything against it. The Thoughts of soul gives us indication whether he has smoke before his eyes. The reason of smoke is Illusion(Bharam), because he thinks about himself as a body but not as a soul. This smoke is smoke of Illusion which has grasp Buddhi in Temporal World, the reason such buddhi is called Durmati or Manmati. Such Buddhi is not nearer to contentment.
ਢੰਢੋਲਿਮ ਢੂਢਿਮ ਡਿਠ ਮੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਗ ਧੂਝ ਕਾ ਧਵਲਹਰ ॥੩॥
After seeking and searching for such a long time, O Nanak, I have seen that the world is just a mansion of smoke. ||3||
There was smoke before eyes of Baba Nanak but after seeking and searching for such a long time(with wisdom ointment he have seen that the world is just a mansion of smoke.
In Gurmat, Asura is state of soul. The state of soul could be known through his mind(thoughts,wishes). Betaal, Satan, Daanav, Daitya are few synonyms used in Gurbani.
- Asura have no love of Lord, because he do not know what Lord is, how could they love? The state of soul when she do not know about herself and her connection with supreme, is called the Asura. Asura could be any a Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Jain, Scholar, Vaishnav, Yogi etc.
ਜਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਰੀਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਹਰਿ ਕੇਰੀ ਸੇ ਕਿਚਰਕ ਵੇਰਾਈਅਨਿ ਮਨਮਖ ਬੇਤਾਲੇ ॥
Those who do not have the Love of the Lord within their hearts - how long can those demonic, self-willed manmukhs be consoled?
- It is due to Evils inside person he is called Asura. These demonic qualities includes Desires, Greed, Ego, Attachment, Illusion. Each quality is attributed as Asura to and soul having this quality is also termed as Asura.
ਅਸਰ ਗਝ ਤੇ ਭਾਗਿ ਪਾਪ ਤਿਨਹਹ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਕੰਪਹਿ ॥
The demons ran away; their sins made them shake and tremble inside.
Note: Asura does not mean a person looking shabby, having Moustaches, beard and carrying an amazing sword in hand and laughing around as projected by Hindu brother in mythological Movies and Serials. Asura is state of soul not body.