Bhupinder Singh Holland
Sardar Bhupinder Singh Holland was born in Amritsar, the city founded by Guru Ram Das Sahib.
Bhupinder Singh Holland
He is a proud alumnus of Khalsa College, Amritsar (1967 -1973) where he graduated with B.Sc and B.Ed degrees. For the term 1967-1968, he was declared the best football player. He was honoured by Khalsa College in 2008.
In The Netherlands
Sardar Bhupinder Singh lives in the Netherlands since 1973 where he worked for the International computer firm IBM Nederland’s for more than three decades as Accounting Analyst. Sardar Bhupinder Singh has made significant contribution to the Sikh cause in Europe. As a Sikh missionary, social worker and public leader, he is among the most prominent Sikhs of the Europe. He has earned several awards including the Ambassador for Peace for his contribution to the Dutch society, especially the Sikhs and has been honoured by many Sikh organisations and Gurdwara’s around the world. He is chief of ISYF (Holland Unit), World Sikh Writers Conference (Holland branch), member Siri Nankana Sahib Foundation. In 1996, he began research work on the Sikhs’ sacrifices during the two world Wars. He collected precious information and rare photographs most of which was hitherto not known to the world. These two works are a sort of mini archive of the Sikhs. These two books earned name and fame for him and he received special commendations from the scholars, statesmen and others. Both the works are historical, precious and priceless. His 3rd work is history of the Dutch Sikhs. Like his other works, he has made this work too as museum and archive of the Sikhs of Holland. A Sikh home in Europe, without this treasure, will be considering as incomplete house. For his work and contribution to Sikh Cause, Sardar Bhupinder Singh Holland has been honoured by Jathedar Avtar Singh, President, Shromani Gurdwara Committee, Siri Amritsar in January 2008.
The Books are :
• How Europe is indebted to the Sikhs, Role of Sikhs in Europe during World War One 1914 – 1918. Sikh University Press, Belgium. 1st edition 2005 and 2nd edition 2009.
• How Europe is indebted to the Sikhs, Role of Sikhs in Europe during World War Two 1939 – 1945. Sikh University Press, Belgium. 1st edition 2007
• The Dutch Sikhs – A Brief History. Sikh University Press, Belgium. 1st edition 2009.
• Sikhs in World War I - A complete History of the Role of Sikhs. A Wisdom Collection - An Imprint of GS Distribution Inc. Ludhiana-Punjab. 1st edition 2013.
- Sikhs in World War II - A complete History of the Role of Sikhs. A Wisdom Collection - An Imprint of GS Distribution Inc. Ludhiana-Punjab. 1st edition 2014.