Mittar Pyare Nu
This is the beautiful shabad by the tenth master, Guru Gobind Singh recited in the Machhivara forest when the Master was separated from everyone; not everyone because the connection to the Lord remain strong as always! Please listen to the videos at the bottom of this page. The Shabad is present in Dasam Granth Sahib read here.
From Mukhaarbind (mouth) of Guru Gobind Singh ji; this Shabad was sung by him on the night of the cold winter when Guru Sahib ji had earlier in the day led the Khalsa forces in the battle of Chamkaur where Guru ji fought with the huge army of enemies of Khalsa Panth. His sons embraced martyrdom in front of his own eyes fighting for Khalsa ideals. Guru Sahib ji in this shabad yearns for remembrance of Waheguru desspite of the extreme hardships and tough times.
|ਮਿੱਤਰ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਨੂੰ ਹਾਲ ਮੁਰੀਦਾ ਦਾ ਕਹਿਣਾ ॥|
ਤੁਧੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਰੋਗੁ ਰਜਾਈਆ ਦਾ ਓਢਣ ਨਾਗ ਨਿਵਾਸਾ ਦੇ ਹਹਿਣਾ ॥
|mithr piaarae noo(n) haal mureedhaa dhaa kehinaa ॥|
thudhh bin rog rajaaeeaa dhaa oudtan naag nivaasaa dhae hehinaa ॥
|Tell the beloved friend (the Lord) the plight of his disciples. |
Without You, rich blankets are a disease and the comfort of the house is like living with snakes.
Translation of words
|ਹਾਲ||haal||well being of; condition|
|ਕਹਿਣਾ||kehina||to tell, narrate|
|ਨਿਵਾਸਾ||nivaasaa||in the company; together|
|ਹਹਿਣਾ||hehinaa||stay; reside; live|
|ਸੁਰਾਹੀ||suraahee||long-necked small pitcher, decanter, flagon, flask|
|ਬਿੰਗ||bi(n)g||as same; is just like|
|ਕਸਾਈਆਂ||kasaaeeaaa(n)||Butcher is Kasaee; at the butcher's hand|
|ਸਹਿਣਾ||sehinaa||To bear, to suffer, to endure, to sustain, to have patience.|
|ਯਾਰੜੇ||yaararrae||yaar is friend; friend's|
|ਸੱਥਰੁ||saathhar||Death bed usually on ground.|
|ਚੰਗਾ||cha(n)gaa||is good; preferred; better|
|ਖੇੜਿਆ||khaerriaa||Village and second meaning Body|
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAGMhreMX-w (Viakhia - lecture - explanation)
Videos on youtube.com
- Mittar Pyare Nu (Full Video) | The Black Prince | Satinder Sartaaj | Saga
- Youtube - Mitr Pyaare Nu Amrita Kaur & Yadvinder Singh
- Youtube - Mittar Pyare Nu : Shabd I Gurdas Maan I Gurickk G Maan I Jatinder Shah I Punjab Album I Saga Music
- Rafi sings Mittar pyare noo haal mureedha dhaa khena
- Jagjit Singh sings beautifully Mittar pyare noo
- Maharastrian girl singing "Mittar pyare nu" with huge emotions & dedication. Please do not criticise her for not covering her head. She will probably go to heaven and we who criticise will probably end up in hell! "Jin prem kio tin hee prabh paio".