|Part of a series on|
Ajooni(ਅਜੂਨੀ) is character/Quality of supreme, THE ONE, which means Beyond Birth.
It covers many aspects of Gurmat, few given here under:
- When soul takes some form then it is called Jooni(ਜੂਨੀ), very opposite to word Ajooni(ਅਜੂਨੀ).
- The one which takes form(birth in world) is not supreme, THE ONE. The thought itself condemn Human Worship.
- As it does not take birth, it does not have any special form. The reason Idol worship is condemned in sikhism.
- As it does not take birth, It does not have any name or relations. In Jaap Sahib it is called NAMASTANG NIRNAMEY means i bow to one who has no name. Still the names given in Granth are not it's actual name but it's quality names.
- As THE ONE is a formless thing, It could be understand and realized, within oneself but could not be seen through eyes. So the religions and people which believes god to see through eyes are not inline with Gurmat.
Among Mool Qualities, this quality suggest that God never take any form.
ਸੋ ਬਰਹਮ ਅਜੋਨੀ ਹੈ ਭੀ ਹੋਨੀ ਘਟ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਦੇਖ ਮਰਾਰੀ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
He is the unborn Lord God; He is, and shall ever be. Deep within your heart, behold Him, the Destroyer of ego. ||2||
To Become Ajooni(God's Part), When we embed ourself with our inner spirit then we will become Gurmukh and will start residing in Sachkhand and will become Ajooni, i.e Joti Jot Rale. The Gurbani is from God's House(Dhur di Bani), and by following this bani we will submerge in that ocean, and once submerge we will become part of it and become Ajooni.