Gurdwara Patshahi Chhevin, Lahore
Gurdwara Patshahi Chhevin, which was hallowed by the visit of Guru Hargobind Sahib, is situated inside the Bhatti Darwaza, one of the two western historic gates of Lahore, in the Chumalah Muhalla (Street). Guru Hargobind accepted the request of the Lahore Sangat and stayed for three days at this place that was, at the time, the home of Bhai Jiwan, a devotee. Out of sheer joy of having the Guru as a house-guest, Bhai Jiwan converted his home into a Gurdwara.
When Bhai Bidhi Chand made his now famous visits to Lahore to return the two horses of legend that the Governor of Lahore had seized from the devotee of Guruji who had intended them as a gift for the Chhevin Patshah, this was where he stayed. The sangat rendered to this holy shrine.
In 1915 the sangat extended the hall of the Gurdwara. After Mahant Hari Singh had indulged in foul practices for some time, the sangat took over the management of this place in 1921 and formed a local committee. In 1927, the S.G.P.C. took over the charge of administration of this Gurdwara. In 1947, at the time of the partition of the country.
Many Singhs attained martyrdom fighting to save the sanctity of this holy shrine.