Jump to navigationJump to search
The following is a brief summary of the conduct expected from a Sikh of the Guru. Full instructions for the Sikh are given in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib which is more than a holy book for the Sikhs - It is their "Living Guru". By reading the Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh can learn about the Sikh beliefs and the type of conduct expected from a Sikh.
An online text with English translation of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib can be found here.
- 1. There is only one God; worship and pray only to Him (Simran).
- 2. Always remember the one God (Naam Japo), work hard and honestly (Kirat Karni), and share with others (Wand kay Shako).
- 3. At all times practice Truth, live a Truthful life and engage in service (Sewa) for the community.
- 4. Remember that women are as good as men and must be treated as equals.
- 5. Always remember the whole of the human race is one. Distinctions on caste, colour and class are wrong and against Sikh principles. .....More