Sahibzada Fateh Singh
FATEH SINGH, SAHIBZADA (1699-1705), the youngest of Guru Gobind Singh's four sons, was born to Mata Jito ji (also known as Mata Sundari ji) at Anandpur on 12 December 1699. After the death of his mother, on 5 December 1700, he was brought up under the care of his grandmother, Mata Gujari Kaur ji, with whom he remained till the last. On 26 December 1705, he was martyred at Sirhind along with his elder brother, Zorawar Singh. He is probably the youngest recorded martyr in history who knowingly laid down his life at the very tender age of 5 years.
- 1. Sainapati, Kavi, Sri Guru Sobhd. Patiala, 1967.
- 2. Chibar, Kesar Singh, Bansdvalindmd Dnsdn Pdtshdhidn Kd. Chandigarh, 1972.
- 3. Sukha Singh, Bhai, Gurbilds Dnsvin Pdlshdiu. Lahore, 1912.
- 4. Paclam, Piaia Singh, Char Sdhibidde. Patiala, 1967.
- 5. Trilochan Singh, Life-sketch of Guru Gobind Singh. Chandigarh, 1968.
((category:Sahibzadas)) ((category:Sikh Martyrs))