Sikhism does not endorse caste based distinctions in society that lead to unequal opportunities for some people. In fact, Sikhism completely rejects class or race based distinctions between humans, that leads us to make an inequitable society. Such distinctions have surfaced only due to ill interests of certain section of people, who, on the pretext of making a society more manageable through these classifications, eventually paved the way to an unequal grouping within the human race. This article is just for information purpose and to share how people from different castes came into the Sikh fold. So, please treat this article as a source of general information about this issue and kindly do not amend this article to highlight this important underlying Sikh principle. If you have any comments, please discuss them appropriately here
|Castes & Tribes|
|Classification||Beauty Saloon Leaders, Make Up Artist/Mehndi Artist, Cosmetics|
|Significant populations in||India, UK, Europe|
|Languages||Punjabi, Hindi other Eurpoean languages|
|Religions||Sikhism, Hinduism, Islam|
Sikh Nai - (Backward Caste)
The Nais are a Northern Indian ethnic tribe that inhabits the Punjab
In Old Era & Modern Era Period in Punjab Sikh Nai Professions were Hairdressers, Make Up Artist, Mehndi Artist, Cosmetics
Also See Maisuria
Etymology and Historical of Sikh Nais
- Beauty Saloon Expert Leaders
In olden times Sikh Nais were professional bollywood hairdressers, babbers and hair health care, Also expert hair leaders to run beauty saloons in india, professional beauty saloon found in different region of india.
- Make Up Artist
In olden times Sikh Nais were professional bollywood make up artist, Also artist applying makeup and prosthetics for theatrical, television, film, fashion and other productions including all aspects of the modeling industry in india.
- Mehndi Artist
In olden times Sikh Nais were professional mehndi artist used for weddings, bollywood actors and fashion producers in india,
In olden times Sikh Nais were professional cosmetics for care substances used to enhance the appearance of the human body in india, Also Cosmetics include skin care creams, lotions, powders, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail and toe nail polish in india
(Note) Sikh Nai featured Beauty Saloon all in one centre includes Hairdressers, Babbers, Make Up Artist, Mehndi Artist and Cosmetics
History of Sikh Nais
Sikh Nais their reverence for the famous Misl leader, Ala Singh Phulkain (1745-1879), who was a Nai.
Thara Sahib Worship by Everyone Tan Tan Waheguru Sikh Nai Very Important in Harmandir Sahib
Sikh Nai Northwest Frontier Province
Sikh Nai 5 Northwest Frontier Province of Punjab during (Ala Singh Phulkain) - in 17th Century Punjab during Sikh Taruna Dal
- Maisuria - Northwest Frontier Province of Punjab, Surname of Nai Misl of Sikh Taruna Dal
- Selopal - Northwest Frontier Province of Punjab, Surname of Nai Misl of Sikh Taruna Dal
- Balasi - Northwest Frontier Province of Punjab, Surname of Nai Misl of Sikh Taruna Dal
- Sarathe - Northwest Frontier Province of Punjab, Surname of Nai Misl of Sikh Taruna Dal
- Samania - Northwest Frontier Province of Punjab, Surname of Nai Misl of Sikh Taruna Dal
Nai Classified with other Castes
Nai similar to Khatri and Ramgarhia only can socialize and make friends each other with three castes (Khatri & Ramgarhia) to stay close. Nai similarity same as Khatri & Ramgarhia in Punjabi (Ekh Huu Dee) Ramgarhia, Khatri and Nai - Four Mid Castes in Sikhism
Nai Matrimonial (Mariages)
- Nai Marriages are very strict have to be Nai Matrimonial, similer to Khatri and Ramgarhia Matrimonials.
- Nai Bride or Groom for (Example) Nai Bride or Groom is Selopal or Maisuria can not marry both surnames, have to be other Nai Surnames reasons why its like marrying brother or sister. Nai marriages majority found in India, UK and Canada, Mainly Khatri and Ramgarhia friends will find Nai Marimonials for Nais.
Sikh Nai in Sikhism
Sikh Nai is very important in Sikhism citizen hair, bollywood hair styles, make up artist, mehndi artist and cosmetics
- If Sikh Citizen likes professional bollywood hair styles Sikh Nai is the one
- If Sikh Citizen likes professional bollywood make up artist and cosmetics Sikh Nai is the one
- If Sikh Citizen likes professional bollywood beauty saloon and mehndi artist Sikh Nai is the one
Nai Surname / Gotra
Balasi, Chavda, Jasdhol, Jasthaul, Jettipalli, Jhinvar, Kairon, Kosuri, Lakhanpal, Gurijala, Maisuria, Nai, Nhavi, Parihar, Paletipati, Panju, Pillai, Phulkian, Rupra, Samania, Sarathe, Selopal, Sharma, Sen, Talluri, Verma,