Among the RSS, Sikhs are being propagated as a sword arm of the Hindus and staunch Indian nationalists. RSS say Sikhs are not separate (from Hindus) but they are actually their reformed version. They formed an organization for Sikhs known as Rashtriya Sikh Sangat on 24 November 1986.
Since 1984, relations between Sikhs and Hindus have moved toward a rapprochement aided by economic prosperity. However, a 2002 claim by the Hindu right-wing Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) that "Sikhs are Hindus" disturbed Sikh sensibilities.
Reaction from Sikh mainstream
Sikhs does not regard themselves as denoted by word Hindu, due to difference beliefs, identity, dress, rituals and holy book. The Sikh high priest relates RSS to Aurangzeb for their ideology of forceful conversions and condemned calling a Sikh as Keshadhari Hindu . An official message signed by five Sikh Jathedars, issued from Sri Akal Takhat Sahib on 23 July, 2004 declared the Rashtriya Sikh Sangat as anti-Sikh outfit. The Akal Takhat Sahib, supreme Sikh body, cautioned the Sikh panth against activities of Rashiyra Sikh Sangat and directed the Sikhs not to participate or cooperate in any activities of the Rashtriya Sikh Sangat.
- ^ Page 95, Secular common sense, Mukul Kesavan, Penguin Books, 2001 - Religion - 136 pages
- ^ Page 19, Minority: Social and Political Conflict, Volume 2, Ramesh Chandra, Gyan Publishing House, 2004 - India
- ^ Their better selves- Vegetarianism and virtue: Retrieved from Telegraph India: September 14 , 2015
- ^ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨਾਂ ਬਾਰੇ ਇਹ ਕੀ ਕਹਿ ਗਏ ਤੋਗੜੀਆ: Jag Bani: June 1 2015
- ^ Page - 46, Communal Riots in Post-independence India, Asgharali Engineer, Universities Press, 1991
- ^ Template:Cite journalTemplate:Dead link
- ^ Sandesh Number 3/04/3207, Dated: 23-07-2004, Akaal Takhat: A Copy of Sandesh by Akal Takhat Sahib Retrieved