Gurdwara Bazar, Nairobi
Siri Gurudwara, at its present site, was founded in 1918. The building consisted of wood and corrugated iron sheets structure and remained in that shape up to 1939.
The foundation stone for a stone building was laid on November 26, 1939 by Sardar Gujjar Singh Dhesian and Sardar Santa Singh. The opening ceremony was performed on December 4, 1940, when the Temple was officially opened by Sardar Mehtab Singh Ji Amritsari. All working class Indians and Sikh artisans participated in the Kar Seva. The constitution of the Gurudwara was registered on July 7, 1944.
The Town Gurudwara consists of main prayer hall, langar, rest house, dispensary and library.
Above extract from: Punjabi Sikhiya Dharmik. 1st ed. Vol. 3. Nairobi, Kenya: Sikh Women Society; Sikh Supreme Council Kenya, 1992. 50-54.
Gurudwara Bazaar has a second branch at Juja Road, Sri Gurdwara Bazar, Juja Road, Nairobi
- Siri Guru Singh Sabha, Nairobi
- Sikh Temple Landia
- Ramgharia Sikh Temple Pangani, Nairobi
- Sri Gurdwara Bazar, Juja Road, Nairobi
- Nanaksar Satsang Sabha, Nairobi
- Category:Gurdwaras in Africa
Click on the photo to see them enlarged