Dera Baba Nanak, Kartarpur (Ravi)
This is the place where Guru Nanak Ji departed from this world on 23rd Assu, Samvat 1596 (22nd Sept. 1529).
Dera Sahib Station is located about four kilometers from the Gurdwara on the Lahore-Narowal railway.
The Gurdwara is in Shakargarh tehsil, of Narowal district of Punjab province, Pakistan.
The Gurdwara was originaly built at a cost of Rs.1,35,600, from funds donated by Sardar Popindar Singh, the Maharaja of Patiala.
Information on situation
The Shrine is sited along the bank of the river Ravi.
It is in Kartarpur, Post Office Kajrurh, Tehsil Shakarhgarh, Distt Narowal, West Punjab, Pakistan
It is about 100 km. from Lahore and 180 Km, from Nanakana Sahib via Lahore. (Before Partition it was part of Distt Gurdaspur but later became part of Distt. Sialkot but then the Sialkot was bifurcated and Narowal carved out as Distt.)
On Indian side it is opposite to:
Village & Post Office, Police Station Dera Baba Nanak, Tehsil Batala, Distt. Gurdaspur Dera Baba Nanak is 54 Km from Amritsar, 35 km from Batala and 39 Km from Gurdaspur.
The Govt. of Pakistan renovated the Gurdwara in 1995 incurring an expenditure in lacs of rupees. It has a spacious and beautiful building. Its location beside a forest along the river Ravi makes its care difficult. A photo before the rennovations is shown below.