Gurdwaras in Singapore
Central Sikh Gurdwara Board 
The Central Sikh Gurdwara Board (CSGB) of Singapore manages and operates the daily running of Singapore's only 2 Gurdwaras (Sikh Temples); namely the Central Sikh Gurdwara at Towner Road and the Silat Road Gurdwara along Jalan Bukit Merah. Other remaining Gurdwaras in Singapore are registered under the Registrar of Societies as religious societies.
The Board was formalised through the enactment of the Central Sikh Gurdwara Board Act of the Singapore Parliament which incorporated the Central Sikh Gurdwara Board. The Board is a Gazetted Statutory Board recognised by the Government of Singapore.
Central Sikh Temple
In 1912, with the assistance of a Sindhi merchant named Wassiamull, a group of Sikhs bought a bungalow with a large compound at 175 Queen Street and turned it into a gurdwara. The gurdwara became known as the Central Sikh Temple when other temples were established. It was also known as the Wadda Gurdwara ('The Big Temple').
Plans for a new temple in Towner Road were conceived in 1983. Its construction began in 1984 and was completed in April 1986. The Central Sikh Temple at Towner Road was officially opened in November that year, where it stands till today.
Gurdwara Sahib Silat Road
In the early days of Singapore, there were only two Gurdwaras in Singapore. Members of the Sikh Contingent of the Straits Settlements Police Force had their Gurdwara on Pearls Hill. The Civilian Sikhs had their Gurdwara in Queen Street.
It is only after the tombstone, found in the ground of General Hospital, was brought to Silat Road Gurdwara, on 12th October, 1966 that this Gurdwara became very popular with the Sikhs. The Samadh (tombstone) is believed to be that of the Sikh Saint-Solder, Bhai_Maharaj_Singh, the hero of the Sikh resistance to the British occupation of Punjab. The attraction of Silat Road Gurdwara is the Shrine of Bhai Maharaj Singh containing his Samadh. It is believed that prayers are answered and vows are fulfilled when a devotee worships at this shrine.
Gurdwara Sahib Sri Guru Singh Sabha
Gurdwara Sahib Sri Guru Singh Sabha is one of the oldest Sikh Temple (Gurdwara) in Singapore established in 1918 by the immigrant Sikh community.
The Gurdwara is a registered society with the Singapore Registrar of Societies (ROS). Being a dynamic organisation, Sri Guru Singh Sabha has always been a key contributor to all religious and social events for Sikhs in Singapore.
Sri Guru Singh Sabha 90/92 Wilkie Road, Singapore 228086. Telephone: (65) 63376301 Fax: (65) 63375160 E-mail: [email protected]
Other Gurdwaras in Singapore
- Katong Gurudwara 17 Wilkinson Road (Tel) 63485125 Bus 197 Opp. Katong Post Office
- Gurudwara Sahib Yishun 601 , Yishun Ring Road (Tel) 67534607 Mrt : Khatib
- Khalsa Dharmak Sabha 18 , Niven Road (Tel) 63380731 Bus : 147 ( Before Little India Peace Center)
- Pardesi Khalsa Dharmak Diwan 9 , Lorong 29 , Geylang Road (Tel) 67417207 Mrt Aljunied , Then Bus 40