Gurudwara Chohla Sahib

From SikhiWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GURDWARA CHOHLA SAHIB, Chohla, village 4.5 km southeast of Sirhali Kalari (31° 16'N, 74° 56'E) in Amritsar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Arjan (1563 - 1606). at the western edge of the village marks the spot where Guru Arjan sat and preached. The building comprises a marblefloored hall in front of the 3storeyed sanctum where Guru Granth Sahib is seated on a canopied seat of white marble. Two Nishan Sahibs, holy flags, fly, one at each corner, in front of the hall. A small sarovarhas been added in recent decades. A nearby old well is believed to have existed since the time of Guru Arjan's visit.