Gurdwara Pehli Patshahi

From SikhiWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Several Gurdwaras with the name "Gurdwara Pehli Patshahi" can be found. Please choose from the following:


  • Gurdwara Pehli Patshahi, Lakhpat - Gujarat, India. Gurdwara Pehli Patshahi meaning the "Gurdwara of the first master" is situated at Lakhpat, Gujarat, India - A town in Gujarat, visited by Guru Nanak Sahib during his second and fourth missionary journeys (Udasis) in 1506-1513 AD and 1519-1521 AD respectively. Gurdwara Guru Nanak Sahib has been built to preserve the memory of these visits of revered Guru during the early 1500s. Guru Nanak is believed to have visited this site while he was on his way to Mecca during the Fourth Udasi. A few rare personal possessions of his are retained here.


  • Gurdwara Pehli Patshahi, Lahore - This historical place is situated just inside Delhi Darwaza near old Kotwali Chowk in Sirianwala Bazaar (Lahore). All the gates of the city lead to this historic place. In 1510 A.D. (1567 B.K.), Guru Nanak, while redeeming the world from sins, reached the house of Duni Chand, an ardent follower of the Guru. The severed heads of goats were sold near Bhai Duni Chand's house. That is why this is known as Sirianwala Bazaar. The day Guru Nanak reached there, Duni Chand was performing Shradha of his father.