Gurdwara Chowmala Sahib, Bhatti Darwaza
This sacred shrine is located in Chowmala Mohalla inside Bhati Gate. Guru Hargobind Ji stayed in the house of Bhai Jivan, held a number of congregation (Diwan) and -blessed the devotees with eternal teachings. Bhai Biddi Chand Ji also stayed here when he came to take back the horses of Guru Ji. Bhai Jivan converted this house into a Gurdwara. Its initial charge was with `the mahants. In 1915 the hall of Gurdwara Sahib was enlarged. Sikh Sangats took over the control from Mahant Hari Singh in 1921 AD. Initially a local Committee was constituted then it passed onto the control of Shiromni Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee from 1927 to 1947 AD. The Auqaf Department has the charge of this place now. Prakash of Guru Garanth Sahib used to take place. There were a large number of rooms for pilgrims to stay. A house in Bhati gate and 87 ghumaon of land in Khudpur village-of Tehsil Lahore is attached to Gurdwara. A fair used to be held on Basant Panchami. Gurdwara has been completely wiped out. People have constructed three storey buildings over the site of the Gurdwara and thus a page of history has been destroyed by the selfish individuals.