Bibi Viro (b. 1615), daughter of Guru Hargobind (1595-1644) (sixth Guru of Sikhism) and Mata Damodari, was born at Amritsar on 11 July 1615. She was married to Bhai Sadhu, son of Bhai Dharma, a Khosia Khatri Sikh of the village of Malla. The nuptials were performed on 24 May 1629 at Jhabal, 15 km southwest of Amritsar. She was the mother of five sons, Sango Shah, Jit Mall, Gulab Chand, Mahri Chand and Ganga Ram. All the five took part in a battle fought on 18 September 1688, between Guru Gobind Singh and Raja Fateh Shah of Srinagar (Garhval) at Bhangani, 11 km from Paonta, in the present Sirmur district of Himachal Pradesh, Sango Shah and Jit Mall dying in action.
1. Bachitra Natak
2. Gurbilas Chhevrn Patshahi. Patiala, 1970
3. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth. Amritsar, 1927-35
4. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guru Khalsa [Reprint]. Patiala, 1970
5. Sainapat, Sri Gur Sobha (ed. Ganda Singh). Patiala, 1967
6. Macauliffe, Max Arthur, The Sikh Religion : Its Gurus, Sacred Writing`s and Authors. Oxford, 1909