Ashdasa Sidh or Atharan Sidh or 18 Spiritual powers are the powers which a gursikh can get by reciting god's name. The 18 spiritual powers these are given below:
8 Major Spiritual Powers
- Anima: The power to become very small and minute.
- Mahima: Power to expand your body and become huge.
- Lagima: Decrease the density of your body and become light as feather.
- Garima: This is power to increase the density of the body and become heavier.
- Prapthi: This is power to welcome success, achieve goals and become fulfilled in life. This is common power used by successful business people who have focused to there energies on eg. wealth, creation & business success. That is why many sikhs are financially successful.
- Prakamya: This is power to read the mind of other people which is common among psychic people.
- Isithavam: This is power of persuasion & is unknowingly utilized by some of world's best salesmen.
- Vasithavam: This is aibility to control mind and body of other person.
10 minor Spiritual Powers
- Anooram: This is power to transcend hunger and thrist. The yogis do this while meditating for long periods in jungles and caves.
- Door Sharvan: To Listen far Things
- Door Darshan: To see far things.
- Manoveg: This is ability to go anywhere in instant. When Guru nanak Dev ji was in Baghdad he took the son of high priest of the tour of many worlds in our universe and brought back sweet pudding(Karah).
- Kaam Roop: This is ability to change the form to another person, animal or plant. the desired face.
- Parkayi Parvesh: This is ability to enter another persons body. This is usualy done to continuous life i.e the person may discard his own old body and enters the new one.
- Savichit Mrityu: This is aibility to die at will & die the way one wants to. Baba Atal Rai used this power to die at age of 9 after he innocently brought back his dead friend mohan to life which is a taboo.
- Surkareera: This is the power to meet the many demi gods & to join them in enjoyment and merry making.
- Sankalap Sidhi: This is power to get desires fulfilled.
- Apratihat Gat: This is aibility to go anywhere without any hindrance or obstruction. This power served Guru Nanak Dev when he travelled through four journeys.